Windows 10: Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage

Discus and support Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a surface pro 6, but have the 128 GB model so I am struggling for storage space. Is there a way of configuring a Micro SD card so that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas Alban, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage

Hi,

I have a surface pro 6, but have the 128 GB model so I am struggling for storage space. Is there a way of configuring a Micro SD card so that it adds to the internal storage of the device so I effectively have more storage?

Thanks

:)

Thomas Alban, Nov 20, 2019
  2. RJ-
    RJ- Win User

How do I combine storage in a Windows tablet between internal storage and Micro SD card?

I have a tablet running Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update that has 128GB of internal storage. The operating system at most should take up 80GB. It also has a Micro SD slot which I inserted a 256GB micro SD card. How do I best combine the storage between the remaining internal storage and micro sd card?

3. dorsetknob, Nov 20, 2019
  4. john_ Win User

Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage

Micro sd to sd card adaptor...

Wow... That's expensive considering that the opposite adapter sells for about a dollar.

This looks much cheaper. I believe does the same job. And it should be much cheaper. If I am not mistaken these are passive adapters.

SD to Micro SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender Cable 24 inch Long | eBay $4.74

Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage adapter-png.png

john_, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage

1. Configuring Micro SD to add to internal storage - Similar Threads - Configuring Micro add

2. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: when i plug in my micro sd card via usb adapter, the notification sound happens. but when i go into 'my computer', it's just 'removable disk M', and can't be opened, saying please insert a disk. if i remove the micro sd card then that 'removable disk M' disappears altogether,...
  3. micro sd card

micro sd card: when i plug in my micro sd card via usb adapter, the notification sound happens. but when i go into 'my computer', it's just 'removable disk M', and can't be opened, saying please insert a disk. if i remove the micro sd card then that 'removable disk M' disappears altogether,...
  4. Is the data storage section physically the same in an SD card & a Micro SD card if it's the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the data storage section physically the same in an SD card & a Micro SD card if it's the...: I'm thinking that maybe it is and the only difference is how big it is physically and what slot it goes in. I wouldn't think that the chips inside are any different, if that's what they're called....
  5. Micro sd card

Micro sd card: I bought a NUIFLASH 128gb micro card plus adapter. My laptop won't reconize the sd card. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-sd-card/211f80ed-4190-4aa7-838a-5cc0978618ed
  6. micro sd cards

micro sd cards: so ive recently discovered a problem on my windows 10 machine that it doesnt correctly read large micro sd cards, but does correctly pick up smaller size ones. i also have a laptop that ive check, which correctly disaplys the large mirco sd card tho. itll be nice to know why...
  7. Using Micro sd card for storage

Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  8. Using Micro sd card for storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  9. micro sd card

micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39
  10. General help needed Micro sd storage

in Windows 10 Support
    General help needed Micro sd storage: Hi all, I'm new to the forums, been lurking a while though. I have a NextBook Flexx10 with Bing that I upgraded to Windows 10 the first day I got it. Here's my configuration... I am using a Sandisk ultra plus micro SD card mapped to a folder on the C: drive, treating the...