Windows 10: Configuring update for Windows 10 99% complete (and holding)

Discus and support Configuring update for Windows 10 99% complete (and holding) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new HP PC Desktop computer, only about a month old. It has always been Windows 10. The updates happen without permission, I have EST... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pattygabrisch, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Configuring update for Windows 10 99% complete (and holding)

Hello, I have a new HP PC Desktop computer, only about a month old. It has always been Windows 10. The updates happen without permission, I have EST antivirus, Carbonite backup, and Malware. This update is taking way longer than any other update has taken so far. My screen has looked like "this" since 12:05 p.m. today and it is now 9:56 p.m. Is this normal? I understand this update may be rewriting my entire windows OS but I can't tell anything, no messages or hints as to is it working the way it's supposed to? I'm afraid to turn it off but how long should I wait? Next week sometime? I need my PC for my business, I'm self employed as a bookkeeper. I've attached what my screen looks like. If it does not resolve itself, I guess it's the shop?

I tried to upload a picture but I can't even figure out how to do that so here is what my screen says and looks like. It is all green. It has a little circle of dots going round and round. Underneath it says

Configuring update for Windows 10
    99% complete
    Do not turn off your computer

any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.... thank you.

:)

pattygabrisch, Sep 27, 2016

2. Help Configuring update for Windows 10 - 99% Complete

Hi Victorvan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Windows 10 has been available in preview since October 2014. Since then, early adopters have developed a better understanding of the new version of Windows, from how it works to some of the common issues associated with using it on a daily basis. Using
    Windows 10 is one thing, but getting it installed successfully is another.

Please refer to the article, created by Andre Da Costa, replied on May 15, 2015, to fix your issue:

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation:
    How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

Please refer to the article, created by Andre Da Costa, replied on January 29, 2015, to fix your issue:

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure:
    How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

You can also refer to the suggestion by Anannya Podder, replied on September 2, 2015, from the following link below.
    Upgrade to Windows 10 hangs at 32%

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Help Configuring update for Windows 10 - 99% Complete

My computer is talking a long time to install the update. I not sure what to do, I im on a deadline with work.

Configuring update for Windows 10 - 99% Complete. Do not turn off computer.

Victorvan der Meer, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

Configuring update for Windows 10 99% complete (and holding)

1. Configuring update for Windows 10 99% complete (and holding) - Similar Threads - Configuring update 99%

2. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  3. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  4. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Configuring update for windows 10 100% complete ?

Configuring update for windows 10 100% complete ?: Getting update for Windows 10 100% complete don't turn off your computer but mouse is moving and I have previously updated for 2004 for but due to shutdown and startup problem I uninstall the update I am getting above lines more than 2hours but I can move mou Se and keybord...
  6. Windows 10 2004 update freezing at 99%

Windows 10 2004 update freezing at 99%: guys, i have tried everything i can find on the forums but still the update is going all the way to 99% and then just hanging. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2004-update-freezing-at-99/1b6af4f8-31fb-4064-ab33-b717ca259b4f
  7. Windows 10 updates at 99%

Windows 10 updates at 99%: Windows 10 updates at "99%" for 3 hours. This is my second attempt. This is the update to Version 1909. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-at-99/02457a87-6344-49f5-86b3-f067548bcb01
  8. Windows 10 Update - Safeguard Hold

Windows 10 Update - Safeguard Hold: I have several Windows 10 PCs that have recently been upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903. I also have several Windows 10 PCs that are not able to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1903. If you go to one of these Windows 10 version 1809 PCs and then go to Settings, Update &...
  9. Windows 10 update assistant frozen at 99%

Windows 10 update assistant frozen at 99%: The short of the problem is noticed my laptop having run time issues, which lead to finding out it was the Windows 10 March update had failed and was causing issues. I have tried a number of different ways yo fix the issue with no resolve. Current the Windows update...
  10. Configuring update for Windows 10 0% complete is stuck on that screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Configuring update for Windows 10 0% complete is stuck on that screen: How can I fix my Dell XPS 13 stuck on 0% for Windows 10 update? The blue screen has done nothing for hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configuring-update-for-windows-10-0-complete-is/2c8f618a-b89a-4853-a01f-a480b46f55cc