Windows 10: Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100%

Discus and support Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Desktop with a Core i7 3770, 16GB Ram, an Nvidia GTX 970, and a 250 GB Intel SSD and a 2 TB HDD. Windows 8.1 is loaded on the SSD. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1fever, Jul 30, 2015.

1. 1fever Win User

Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100%

I have an ASUS Desktop with a Core i7 3770, 16GB Ram, an Nvidia GTX 970, and a 250 GB Intel SSD and a 2 TB HDD. Windows 8.1 is loaded on the SSD. I am trying to update to Windows 10 with the free upgrade icon in the bottom left corner since it say my update is ready. I goes through the whole update where I get stuck on the blue screen that says:

Configuring update for Windows 10
    100% Complete
    Do not turn off your computer

The circle thing freezes in place and the mouse freezes in place and can't be moved even though it says 100% complete. Is this normal? How long should I wait for this? I have waited 30 mins without it doing anything then I restarted. It booted back into Windows 8.1 but three times in a row it has stuck at 100%. I have unplugged all USB connections other than the mouse and keyboard but it still freezes up. Please help.

:)

1fever, Jul 30, 2015

2. Configuring update for Windows 10 hanging at 100% complete for about 24 hours - what shall I do?

Hi Jon,

Go ahead and do a hard reboot and check if the computer boots normally. If it displays any error code or message then make a note of it and get back to us.

Vinod Archak, Jul 30, 2015
  3. JonSear Win User
    Configuring update for Windows 10 hanging at 100% complete for about 24 hours - what shall I do?

Hi

My Windows 10 update started yesterday morning but the screen is stuck saying "Configuring update for Windows 10 100% complete. Do not turn off your computer".

I am in the UK and my computer is an HP with Intel Core i3 and only 4 months old! I have a fast internet connection and nothing else plugged in to the computer. I need to be able to use the computer. Please help, thanks.

Jon

JonSear, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100%

1. Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100% - Similar Threads - Configuring update freezes

2. Windows 10 freezes, disk 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes, disk 100%: I have an HP laptop with windows 10. My disk is only 1/3 full but my computer freezes often and task manager shows the disk 100% full with my computer plugged in. I have scanned the disk, defragmented it, reset my virtual memory, updated my drivers, anti-virus and windows 10,...
  3. Windows 10 Freezing With 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing With 100% CPU Usage: Hello all, I use a Surface Book 1 or 2, I'm not sure running on Windows 10. Recently it began freezing without warning at random times. It's weird when it freezes, because some things still work such as task manager, but it only opens, and does not continue loading. When I...
  4. Disk 100% and freeze

Disk 100% and freeze: Is disk 100% a hardware related problem or software related prroblem? I've tried defragmentation and other tricks but nothing works. How can i fix this? if not How will i know that it's software program or hardware? Please help. Thanks[IMG]...
  5. 20h2 update freezes at 100%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    20h2 update freezes at 100%: There was another update right before that one that froze at 100% also anyone else have that problem? Thanks! *Smile 167399
  6. Configuring update for windows 10 100% complete ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuring update for windows 10 100% complete ?: Getting update for Windows 10 100% complete don't turn off your computer but mouse is moving and I have previously updated for 2004 for but due to shutdown and startup problem I uninstall the update I am getting above lines more than 2hours but I can move mou Se and keybord...
  7. Configuring Windows Feature stuck on 100%

Configuring Windows Feature stuck on 100%: Hey guys, I currently have a Microsoft Surface laptop 2 and last night 23/06 i updated it and shut down and just left it on my table assuming it would just update and well, shut down. 24 hours later it is currently stuck on "Configuring Windows features 100% complete Don't...
  8. Stuck on 100% Configuring

Stuck on 100% Configuring: After an update my surface pro 6 has been stuck on 'configuring windows features 100% complete do not turn off your computer' for a couple hours. I have tried safe restart a couple of times but it takes me back to the loading screen. What do i do?...
  9. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-and-ssd-usage-spiked-to-100/decd61f2-94c8-4d3a-97c2-c6392efe9f04
  10. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi my name is Kelvin, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. my pc specs is: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 AMD Ryzen 1600x 8gb ram ddr4 2666mhz Gtx 1060 here's my driver: [ATTACH]...