Windows 10: Configuring Windows 10 power options to automatically change?

Discus and support Configuring Windows 10 power options to automatically change? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if there is a known way to configure Windows 10 to automatically change power option if there has been no registered input for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aslakkvarstein, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Configuring Windows 10 power options to automatically change?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a known way to configure Windows 10 to automatically change power option if there has been no registered input for a set amount of time. For example if I were to leave my computer while running, if after 10 minutes it would automatically switch to power saver. I know it's possible to set it to go to sleep, so that's of course an option to use. But I would like to have my computer running, just using power saver profile. For example if I'm downloading something, or in a video conference call but taking a break.

Not sure which topic this would go under.

Best regards,

Aslak

:)

aslakkvarstein, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Configuring Windows 10 power options to automatically change?

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Configuring Windows 10 power options to automatically change?

1. Configuring Windows 10 power options to automatically change? - Similar Threads - Configuring power options

2. Automatic Change of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Change of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  3. Automatic Change of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Change of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  4. Automatic Change Of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Change Of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  5. Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention: Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention. So one hard drive connected by an AMD SATA controller was constantly getting disconnected from the pc, the internal drives did not have this issue.Win10 also got stuck on shutting down or restarting for...
  6. System configuration boot option changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    System configuration boot option changed: I accidently choose the incorrect default OS in the BOOT tab in the System Configuration setting and now my laptop just keeps rebooting. I cant access safe mode. I have a ssd and hd installed in case that matters....
  7. There is no option of "power management" in configure internet adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is no option of "power management" in configure internet adapter: Im on windows 10, my laptop's internet is cut off when laptop is not plugged in. i saw videos on youtube how to solve this problem and i see the solve is go to internet options and right click on the internet adapter. then click on configure. then click on power management....
  8. Automatic Changes to Power Options Depending on Current Running Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Changes to Power Options Depending on Current Running Program: I want to know if there is a functionality for the my Windows 10 desktop to automatically change its current power option depending on what programs are running at a given time. See I would like my computer to do this automatically without me having to change the power option...
  9. How to configure hidden Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure hidden Power Options in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will share how to configure various basic Power Options; you can try yourself to improve power efficiency that impacts battery life and the overall performance of your Windows 10 device. Let’s delve in. What are Power [...] This post How...
  10. Windows Power Option Configuration settings missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Power Option Configuration settings missing: I currently have a dell xps 9570, and I like to make my own power settings to limit the cpu while away at school because im only using it for word docs, ide, etc. The issue is after I updated windows, it seems like most of the power configuration options are gone *Sad. (See...