Windows 10: configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...

Discus and support configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I just got a surface book 2 and was happy using it over the past couple of days but yesterday it asked to perform an update before shutting down so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arnebillen, Sep 27, 2020.

1. configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...

So I just got a surface book 2 and was happy using it over the past couple of days but yesterday it asked to perform an update before shutting down so I did and it never got past the 0% mark. I also cannot press ctrl+alt+del or it won't respond to anything I try. so I cant enter settings, task manager etc.

restarting doesn't do anything either, so I am at a loss...

anyone knows of a way to fix this?

:)

arnebillen, Sep 27, 2020
  2. TomStrong Win User

Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:

• Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything... [​IMG]

TomStrong, Sep 27, 2020
  3. DarrenJos Win User
    Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

I'm not stuck on getting updates. When I restart to install & configure the updates, it's stuck at 0% while configuring.

I've tried the update troubleshooter, but it said there was no problem.

DarrenJos, Sep 27, 2020
  4. MrAle2050 Win User

configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...

Configuring update stuck at 0%

This morning i turned on my computer to get some time to start using, but i have been surprised with Windows configuring updates. The percentage is stuck at 0% for a while and i want to cancel it despite windows telling me to not turn off my computer.

MrAle2050, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...

1. configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything... - Similar Threads - configuring update stuck

2. “Configuring Update for Windows 10” stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    “Configuring Update for Windows 10” stuck at 0%: I went to the settings on the desktop computer and started an update restart as it said i needed to. The dot loading ribg is still spinning and it is stuck at 0% saying Configuring Update for Windows 10 Do not turn off your computer. Im not sure what to do. It has not moved...
  3. configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    configuring windows update stuck at 0%. can't do anything...: So I just got a surface book 2 and was happy using it over the past couple of days but yesterday it asked to perform an update before shutting down so I did and it never got past the 0% mark. I also cannot press ctrl+alt+del or it won't respond to anything I try. so I cant...
  4. Windows Update stuck at 0%

Windows Update stuck at 0%: So , I am updating windows 10 for the 2004 version and I am using my cellular data for downloading it. My Data is being used . Almost 2 GB of data is already been used up but the windows update is still stuck at 0%. I don't know if I should stop the update now thinking that...
  5. Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart: After downloading the latest windows 10 update I restart & update as requested. It goes to the configuring updates, don't turn off computer, but is stuck at 0% for a couple of hours. In the end I have to turn off the computer to be able to use it again....
  6. Windows Update Stuck at 0%

Windows Update Stuck at 0%: I am updating my laptop (HP Pavilion 14-al062nr) to the latest version of windows 10, and it has been stuck on 0% on the configuring updates screen for now over an hour. Is there a solution to this problem, or is it simply a matter of waiting it out? Thanks in advance....
  7. Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart: After downloading the latest windows 10 update I restart & update as requested. It goes to the configuring updates, don't turn off computer, but is stuck at 0% for a couple of hours. In the end I have to turn off the computer to be able to use it again. I've never had this...
  8. Windows Updates stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates stuck at 0%: Hi all, I started having this issue recently. I ran windows update and all downloads were stuck at 0%. Hence I downloaded the 1903 update manually from the Microsoft website. After the update was installed, I tried running windows update again. However, all updates are stuck...
  9. Configuring update for Windows 10 0% complete is stuck on that screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Configuring update for Windows 10 0% complete is stuck on that screen: How can I fix my Dell XPS 13 stuck on 0% for Windows 10 update? The blue screen has done nothing for hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configuring-update-for-windows-10-0-complete-is/2c8f618a-b89a-4853-a01f-a480b46f55cc
  10. Windows Update stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update stuck at 0%: Hello! I have a problem with Windows Update. It's stuck at 0%, and moves nowhere. I've tried literally everything to fix it, including the reset Brink provided. Can you please help me? P.S: I've tried the following things:...