Windows 10: Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder

Discus and support Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I delete a whole folder of a program from Program Files x86 and it pops up a warning window of a system file that will be deleted, is it OK to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EBFH, Jan 1, 2022.

1. EBFH Win User

Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder

When I delete a whole folder of a program from Program Files x86 and it pops up a warning window of a system file that will be deleted, is it OK to confirm its deletion. It is a program I no longer use, for example an old printer that is no longer installed.Will deleting such system files might harm the functioning of the system?For example, I am trying to delete a program called Quicken - How come does its folder contain system files?

:)

EBFH, Jan 1, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Confirm File Delete Window  When Deleting Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Confirm File Delete Window  When Deleting Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 1, 2022
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Confirm File Delete Window  When Deleting Folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 1, 2022
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

1. Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder - Similar Threads - Confirm File Delete

2. delete a file in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete a file in folders: how to delete a file in folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-file-in-folders/430d0465-2059-470a-8aca-0695dcb6b053
  3. delete a file in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete a file in folders: how to delete a file in folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-file-in-folders/430d0465-2059-470a-8aca-0695dcb6b053
  4. delete a file in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder: When I delete a whole folder of a program from Program Files x86 and it pops up a warning window of a system file that will be deleted, is it OK to confirm its deletion. It is a program I no longer use, for example an old printer that is no longer installed.Will deleting such...
  6. How to enable file delete confirmations on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable file delete confirmations on Windows 11: Files that you delete on Windows 11 PCs are deleted without a delete confirmation prompt. The default configuration sends the selection of files to the Recycle Bin. Users may restore accidentally deleted files from the Recycle Bin, unless it is has been emptied already...
  7. Confirming "delete file" in WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Confirming "delete file" in WIndows 10: I clicked on clicked on a file name in File Explorer to delete it. It was deleted immediately. File Explorer used to ask for confirmation before a file is deleted. How can I restore that as a default?...
  8. How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer: Version 1903 (OS build 18362.535) How do I enable "confirm delete" in File Explorer? I already have it enabled in the Recycle Bin, but prefer to have it enabled in File Explorer. Thanks. 147315
  9. Disable Permanently Delete Files confirmation

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Permanently Delete Files confirmation: I want to disable the Permanently Delete Files confirmation How i Can do that? 16392
  10. Folders and files that will not delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and files that will not delete: I recently deleted some mp3 files and folders, then when I emptied the Recycle Bin I inadvertently answered "no" to the "are you sure you want to delete these files" question. Now they are sitting on my recent files / frequent folders page and will not delete again. When you...