Windows 10: Confirming "delete file" in WIndows 10

Discus and support Confirming "delete file" in WIndows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I clicked on clicked on a file name in File Explorer to delete it. It was deleted immediately. File Explorer used to ask for confirmation before a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AliceTempel, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Confirming "delete file" in WIndows 10

I clicked on clicked on a file name in File Explorer to delete it. It was deleted immediately. File Explorer used to ask for confirmation before a file is deleted. How can I restore that as a default?

:)

AliceTempel, Jan 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 - How to Enable Windows Explorer File Deletion Confirmation

Hi,

By default, Windows 10 doesn't show a delete confirmation dialog box. However, you can still get the same confirmation box using
    Shift + Delete hotkey. If you wish to enable the delete confirmation box, follow these steps:

• On your Windows 10 desktop, right-click on Recycle Bin, and then select
      Properties.
    • Under General tab, check the option named Display delete confirmation dialog.
    • Click on the Apply button before closing the dialog box.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2021
  4. TRON1982x Win User

Confirming "delete file" in WIndows 10

Windows 10 - How to Enable Windows Explorer File Deletion Confirmation

Hi, ok well I figured it out but I don't know why it does this. When you delete something from OneDrive using Windows Explorer you do NOT get the delete confirmation box, but if you delete a file on your local C: you do. I wonder if there's a way to turn
    that option on for OneDrive?

TRON1982x, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Confirming "delete file" in WIndows 10

1. Confirming "delete file" in WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - Confirming delete file

2. Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder: When I delete a whole folder of a program from Program Files x86 and it pops up a warning window of a system file that will be deleted, is it OK to confirm its deletion. It is a program I no longer use, for example an old printer that is no longer installed.Will deleting such...
  3. Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confirm File Delete Window When Deleting Folder: When I delete a whole folder of a program from Program Files x86 and it pops up a warning window of a system file that will be deleted, is it OK to confirm its deletion. It is a program I no longer use, for example an old printer that is no longer installed.Will deleting such...
  4. How to enable file delete confirmations on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable file delete confirmations on Windows 11: Files that you delete on Windows 11 PCs are deleted without a delete confirmation prompt. The default configuration sends the selection of files to the Recycle Bin. Users may restore accidentally deleted files from the Recycle Bin, unless it is has been emptied already...
  5. Display delete confirmation dialog

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display delete confirmation dialog: I have followed the instructions and the box is checked, apply clicked but I still do not get the option to confirm before pictures, etc. are deleted in Windows 10. It has been checked for a long time but now it doesn't work. Is there a fix for this? Thank you, Suzanne :...
  6. How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer: Version 1903 (OS build 18362.535) How do I enable "confirm delete" in File Explorer? I already have it enabled in the Recycle Bin, but prefer to have it enabled in File Explorer. Thanks. 147315
  7. Recycle confirmation or Display delete confirmation dialog

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle confirmation or Display delete confirmation dialog: The function is enabled but if I delete a file in file explorer, I don't get asked to confirm. It deletes straight away. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-confirmation-or-display-delete/a577009e-cb85-44d2-930c-880c46866f28"
  8. OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message: Hey , Check this link - Ask before delete files from OneDrive folder. YES! That's it. Thank you so much. I did a lot of googling, but clearly wasn't googling the right phrases.
  9. WINDOWS 10 always asks for delete confirmation.

in Windows 10 Support
    WINDOWS 10 always asks for delete confirmation.: I have unchecked delete confirmation in the recycle bin properties, but whenever I delete a file or folder on a removable drive or a network drive, the delete confirmation pops up. This does not happen on Windows 7 or 8. 7894
  10. Disable Permanently Delete Files confirmation

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Permanently Delete Files confirmation: I want to disable the Permanently Delete Files confirmation How i Can do that? 16392