Windows 10: Conflict between MS account name and email address

Discus and support Conflict between MS account name and email address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have one personal MS account called *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've had this for a few years and can access it fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by simon letts, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Conflict between MS account name and email address

Hi,

I have one personal MS account called *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've had this for a few years and can access it fine, including live mail

It has one email address associated with it, also called *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    I have had this email address for many years and it works on my outlook desktop and phone fine.

Now I have a new laptop with Windows 10 I use my MS account to log on (first time I've used this method).

However when I try and set up mail in outlook (app or client) it can't find the address when setting it up automatically and if I do manually using sky pop\imap info it fails when I set up. Is there a conflict with the names being the same?

I also can't activate Mail or Office 2016 using my key. I type it in and it doesn't do anything, not even reject saying it's invalid.

Any thoughts would be welcome please...

Thank-you

:)

simon letts, Oct 9, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

Kari, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Conflict between MS account name and email address

My MS Exchange Email Address doesn't Work?

I use Outlook 2010. I was using the Hotmail Connector with my MS mail account (at outlook.com) to synch contacts but this is no longer supported. I've now added my MS account using the new account wizard which configures a MS Exchange account for my MS mail account and does synch contacts.

However, when the account is configured as an Exchange account, my user name appears in the format outlook_{text string}@outlook.com. This name name appears in the email sent address from the account but it doesn't work as a legit email address since the email is returned to sender. My correct email address does send and receive emails from the Exchange configured account.

I want to change my user name to the correct email address for my account but I can't change this from Outlook or the Mail option under Control Panel.

How do you configure an Exchange account to send out the correct reply email address?

Steve C, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Conflict between MS account name and email address

1. Conflict between MS account name and email address - Similar Threads - Conflict between account

2. MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section: I'm moving to another ISP, which means that my current email address will become deactivated.I was able to remove my old email address in my MS account and add the new one, but when I checked in the...
  3. MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section: I'm moving to another ISP, which means that my current email address will become deactivated.I was able to remove my old email address in my MS account and add the new one, but when I checked in the...
  4. MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Relationship between email address and Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Relationship between email address and Microsoft account: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 a Win 8.1 system running in a virtual machine on my Win 10 laptop. I am unable to sign in. The system displays two identical copies of my userid in the lower left corner of my screen. One of these choices allows me the option of logging...
  6. Email Conflict

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Email Conflict: I have 2 email accounts that appear to conflict. I made a purchase from the Microsoft store Flight Sim 2020 but I am not able to download or install due to account conflict. Please assist. Thank you Hassan...
  7. email address and name on XBOX

in Windows 10 Customization
    email address and name on XBOX: I would like my son's name and email address to be associated with the XBOX device and would like to remove my name and email address. I am the administrator and my email address is the primary one....
  8. Changing Account Name After Email address change

Changing Account Name After Email address change: Hello: I changed my email address from a .kr one to an outlook one, though they're still the same address -- just with different email boxes appended. I now can't change my name on my computer. It works online I followed the directions!, but not on the system. Would...
  9. how to change the name and email address on the account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change the name and email address on the account: how do I change the name and email on my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-and-email-address-on-the/18a94223-eedb-464c-b040-a8bbdd969b76
  10. Microsoft Account Name - email address change

Microsoft Account Name - email address change: I have my account using an OLD email address, how do I change it to new address from another provider? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-name-email-address-change/a6d986bc-adb6-4d78-a05e-7e61c8b2b7db