Windows 10: Conflict between my local Settings and the Microsoft Account online

Discus and support Conflict between my local Settings and the Microsoft Account online in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have bought a Windows 10 app but it tells me "it looks like you don't have any devices linked to your account". I try to add a Windows PC, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tambu251, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Tambu251 Win User

Conflict between my local Settings and the Microsoft Account online

Hi,

I have bought a Windows 10 app but it tells me "it looks like you don't have any devices linked to your account". I try to add a Windows PC, and get the dialog box telling me how to do it. "Go to Settings - Your info - click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

BUT when I do go into the Your Info page, lo and behold, it's telling me Sign in with a local account insteadwhich means that I am already using a Microsoft account. However all the info on it is different to the online account info - it's showing me a different image, email address, username etc.

I'm just going round and round between online info, which asks me to add the PC, and the PC that just sends me back online. Somewhere there is conflicting data, but I have no idea how to resolve it and end up with just one Microsoft account.

Help please!

Roland

:)

Tambu251, Jan 27, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Conflict between my local Settings and the Microsoft Account online

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Conflict between my local Settings and the Microsoft Account online

1. Conflict between my local Settings and the Microsoft Account online - Similar Threads - Conflict between local

2. NOTEBOOK CONFLICT BETWEEN APP AND LOCAL DOCUMENT FOLDER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    NOTEBOOK CONFLICT BETWEEN APP AND LOCAL DOCUMENT FOLDER: MY DESKTOP HAS WINDOWS 10 PRO. I HAVE INSTALLED ONENOTE 2017. BUT IM USING THE ONENOTE INSTEAD OF ONENOTE 2017. MY FILES GET STORED IN DOCUMENTS FOLDER. THERE IS A CONFLICT IN NUMBER OF FILES ITSELF. MY NEWLY CREATED FILES ARE NOT PRESENT IN THE DOCUMENTS FOLDER BUT PRESENT...
  3. NOTEBOOK CONFLICT BETWEEN APP AND LOCAL DOCUMENT FOLDER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NOTEBOOK CONFLICT BETWEEN APP AND LOCAL DOCUMENT FOLDER: MY DESKTOP HAS WINDOWS 10 PRO. I HAVE INSTALLED ONENOTE 2017. BUT IM USING THE ONENOTE INSTEAD OF ONENOTE 2017. MY FILES GET STORED IN DOCUMENTS FOLDER. THERE IS A CONFLICT IN NUMBER OF FILES ITSELF. MY NEWLY CREATED FILES ARE NOT PRESENT IN THE DOCUMENTS FOLDER BUT PRESENT...
  4. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  5. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  6. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  8. Halfway between Local Account and Microsoft Account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Halfway between Local Account and Microsoft Account?: On one of my Windows 10 Pro laptops I sign in with Windows Hello and can choose to enter a pin, fingerprint scan or password. My account username is "Jamie" and my profile folder shares the same name. I do not sign in to Windows with my Microsoft account username and password...
  9. Caught between local and Microsoft accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Caught between local and Microsoft accounts: One of my Windows 10 systems is in a weird state in between local and Microsoft accounts. 1. There is no "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" or "Sign in with a local account instead" option under Settings/Accounts/Your info. This page shows my local account name,...
  10. Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?: I set my desktop user account up accidentally using my Microsoft Azure AD account. I want to change it to a local account without losing my settings. Can this be done? 105466

Users found this page by searching for:

1. conflict between local account and microsoft account