Windows 10: Conflict w. imageres.dll mods vs file appearance

Discus and support Conflict w. imageres.dll mods vs file appearance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Changes made to various resources (icons) within imageres.dll (C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll) take effect as expected post sign-out/sign-in. Yet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by James22, Sep 16, 2016.

1. James22 Win User

Conflict w. imageres.dll mods vs file appearance

Changes made to various resources (icons) within imageres.dll (C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll) take effect as expected post sign-out/sign-in. Yet, when I return to the file in question, the resource changes I previously made appear to have been reverted (yet they continue to remain in effect indefinitely).

This isn't so much a problem as it is a curiosity but it does make it a bit more difficult to keep track of changes made.

Can anyone make sense of this?

Conflict w. imageres.dll mods vs file appearance [​IMG]

Conflict w. imageres.dll mods vs file appearance [​IMG]

:)

James22, Sep 16, 2016

2. Restoration of 9300 backup to 9300i.

By conflict in version, I meant conflict in 9300 vs 9300i. No error message appears in the PC Suite. The backup file simply does not appear even when you try to browse from PC suite.

ardenkitomari, Sep 16, 2016
  3. zgaga Win User
    black screen after log in

also on my desktop appeared hidden file containing:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769

IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

zgaga, Sep 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, can't imagine what you're experiencing there.. I've used a modified imageres.dll - modified by a program called Icon changer which applies some 77 changes from a Win 7 based library - for quite a while. Just looked at exactly the one you show above in System32, and it appears as folders shown in explorer.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Conflict w. imageres.dll mods vs file appearance - Similar Threads - Conflict imageres dll

2. give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons: THERES LITERALLY NO DOWNLOADS ONLINE WHEN I SEARCHED AND I TRIED TO USE A VIRTUAL MACHINE TO INSTALL WIN11 JUST TO GET THE ICONS BUT THE VIRTUAL MACHINE WOULDNT LET ME INSTALL BUT I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT AND NO I DONT WANT TO DOWNLOAD AN ICON PACK AND I WOULD RATHER NOT TELL...
  3. give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons: THERES LITERALLY NO DOWNLOADS ONLINE WHEN I SEARCHED AND I TRIED TO USE A VIRTUAL MACHINE TO INSTALL WIN11 JUST TO GET THE ICONS BUT THE VIRTUAL MACHINE WOULDNT LET ME INSTALL BUT I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT AND NO I DONT WANT TO USE AN ICON PACK AND I WOULD RATHER NOT TELL WHY I...
  4. DLL Files Keeps Appearing On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DLL Files Keeps Appearing On Desktop: Good day y'all! I've been having this annoying but "harmless" issue for awhile now and at first I just ignored it but it bothered me after awhile even after windows updates. I have this dll file that keeps appearing on my desktop everytime and even after I delete it, it...
  5. DLL Files Keeps Appearing On Desktop

DLL Files Keeps Appearing On Desktop: Good day y'all! I've been having this annoying but "harmless" issue for awhile now and at first I just ignored it but it bothered me after awhile even after windows updates. I have this dll file that keeps appearing on my desktop everytime and even after I delete it, it...
  6. "Files are in conflict"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Files are in conflict": sync status shows "Files are in conflict" but when i click on "1 conflicts" and go into "View sync conflicts" there are no files in it. Previous solution said that sync again and refresh and it will resolve the issue but it didn't....
  7. "Files are in conflict"

"Files are in conflict": sync status shows "Files are in conflict" but when i click on "1 conflicts" and go into "View sync conflicts" there are no files in it. Previous solution said that sync again and refresh and it will resolve the issue but it didn't....
  8. "Files are in conflict"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Flash Storage mod 1 vs Mod 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Storage mod 1 vs Mod 2: I am replacing my computer. The old one has mod 1 USB ports and the new one has mod 2 USB ports. Will the flash storage I use to collect data from the old mod 1 machine be readable on the new mod 2 machine? I will be using mod 2 flash storage....
  10. Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict: Hey guys, first time posting here so if I'm in the wrong category, I'll make the appropriate switch. Anyways, so I'm running Windows 10 and have Realtek Audio manager installed. I've had no issues so far, until I recently purchased a headset for gaming. My issue is either...
Tags: