Windows 10: Conflict with HP and Microsoft Windows

Discus and support Conflict with HP and Microsoft Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HP has been bugging me about the little exclamation point besides it's HP Support Assistant Question mark I went through all the things they claim is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jcloversX, Mar 24, 2021.

1. jcloversX Win User

Conflict with HP and Microsoft Windows

HP has been bugging me about the little exclamation point besides it's HP Support Assistant Question mark

I went through all the things they claim is "Important".
    I thought it was giving me fits because I had not downloaded it's HP Hardware Diagnostics for Windows.
    So I did and everything check okay except Network Drivers. It said they were missing so I needed to get the updates.
    But my Wi-Fi is running great and I have had no problems. In fact this computer works so much faster than my
    older HP when it comes to Wireless Networking. So.............. a headscratcher.
    So I went to Windows Update and downloaded a new KB update. Under that update was an
    Optional Updates available and it is that sticky Driver Update that HP keeps screaming about.
    However when I click on those Driver Updates it shows a couple then on the side Windows States
    if you are having a problem with a piece of hardware here are some suggested drivers to download
    otherwise Windows Updates will keep you drivers updated.

So who do I trust Windows and keep ignoring the HP nag or should I download those pesky
    Network Drivers that HP insist that I download?

:)

jcloversX, Mar 24, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

HP Offers Customers Free Upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7

HP today announced it will offer the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system on consumer and business PCs beginning Oct. 22.

To meet customers’ computing needs while protecting their investments, the company is participating in the Windows Upgrade Option Program to help customers transition easily to Windows 7. The program will enable customers who purchase qualifying HP PCs to enjoy the benefits of a new Windows-based PC immediately and receive a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it becomes available in October.

Customers who purchase an HP PC starting today may be eligible for the upgrade program. HP customers can visit www.hp.com/go/windows7upgrade to check for upgrade eligibility, register and get answers about their PCs and current operating systems. Following general availability of Windows 7 on Oct. 22, qualifying customers will receive the Windows 7 upgrade and an upgrade utility disk with a step-by-step guide for installation at their convenience.

Throughout the development of Windows 7, HP has had an unprecedented level of collaboration with Microsoft to improve the user experience. HP has made a significant investment in hardware and software testing to ensure broad compatibility and a satisfying technology experience across its commercial and consumer PC portfolios.

“HP has helped guide Microsoft through the development of Windows 7, collaborating and offering unique insight and counsel on emerging technologies,” said Carlos Montalvo, vice president, Experience Marketing, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Because of this early collaboration, HP has engineered truly innovative PCs – from our thin and light notebooks and high-performance desktops to our acclaimed TouchSmart PCs – providing advanced performance, compelling user experiences and more functionality overall.”

For more than two years, HP’s collaboration with Microsoft has consisted of sharing industry best practices and technology for mobility, touch innovation and printing, and working to ensure a good customer experience when upgrading to Windows 7.

“We are thrilled with the level of collaboration between HP and Microsoft throughout the development of Windows 7,” said Nick Parker, general manager, Worldwide Sales for HP, Microsoft. “Through the Windows Upgrade Option program, we can help our joint customers get new PCs now and get ready to experience the innovation and simplification that Windows 7 delivers.”

To help simplify the Windows 7 upgrade process, the HP Upgrade Assistant will identify and preinstall most necessary drivers. The HP Support website will continue to be updated with drivers, allowing customers to easily update their PCs without the burden of researching and downloading drivers for graphic cards and attached peripheral hardware.

HP PCs with Windows Vista on the market today meet the hardware requirements to run the Windows 7 operating system. Customers can continue to purchase new PCs from HP with the confidence that they will run the Windows 7 operating system when it becomes available later this year.

Customers can join the conversation about the upcoming launch of Windows 7 on the HP Consumer Support Forum or HP Business Support Forum for businesses. More information about HP’s Windows Upgrade Option Program is available at www.hp.com/go/windows7.

Source: HP

btarunr, Mar 24, 2021
  3. alexp999 Win User
    HP and Microsoft Expand Alliance in Unified Communications and Collaboration

At Interop Las Vegas 2009, HP and Microsoft today announced a four-year strategic global initiative to deliver an end-to-end unified communications and collaboration solution.

As part of their Frontline Partnership, the two companies expect to invest up to an additional $180 million in product development, professional services, as well as joint sales and marketing, to help organizations lower costs and improve productivity.

The solution, which is planned to span software, hardware, networking and services, would enable customers to improve business output and reduce travel, telecom and IT operating costs. This would be accomplished by streamlining communications across messaging, video and voice with connected applications and devices. HP and Microsoft also plan to provide the flexibility and control customers need to manage their communications infrastructure efficiently.

Demand for unified communications and collaboration technologies is growing rapidly. According to an independent report from Forrester Research, 84 percent of enterprises in North America and Europe are currently evaluating, piloting or implementing unified communications and collaboration solutions, and the market is expected to grow at a rate of 35.9 percent through 2015.

“Customers can lower costs and rapidly enhance employee productivity with unified communications and collaboration from HP and Microsoft,” said Ann Livermore, executive vice president, Technology Solutions Group, HP. “We provide customers with solutions that are rich, intuitive and accessible from anywhere on nearly any device.”

HP and Microsoft share a vision for business productivity solutions built on open, software-based platforms that work with the applications and systems people know and use today.

“Together, we are offering the extensive breadth of capabilities of our respective technologies to deliver a truly unified communications and collaboration solution to help our customers improve business productivity,” said Stephen Elop, president, Microsoft Business Division, Microsoft. “This means one click to communicate, one click to conference, one click to collaborate.”

“Microsoft’s approach to unified communications and collaboration solutions, combined with HP’s global technology and services, will help us drive innovation and growth in our business,” said Tina Atkinson, program sponsor, New Ways of Working, Cathay Pacific Airways. “Cathay Pacific Airways followed a detailed tender process and chose Microsoft and HP because they best met our requirements for a flexible and comprehensive approach to unified communications and collaboration, tailored to our needs.”

Product development and integration

• The two companies will form joint teams to collaborate on products and services development across Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office Communications Server, as well as HP ProCurve networking products.
    • HP will obtain Microsoft Unified Communications qualification for the HP dx9000 TouchSmart Business PC and select smartphones.
    • HP will obtain Microsoft Unified Communications qualification for new IP desk phones.
    • HP Business Technology Optimization (BTO) software will provide additional support for Microsoft Office Communications Server, including the ability to provide real-time quality of service metrics for the voice and video network over the IP infrastructure.
    • The two companies will provide end point interoperability with HP Halo Telepresence Solutions and Microsoft Office Communications Server-based unified conferencing, enabling remote participants at any Microsoft Office Communication Server-enabled PC to join telepresence conferences.
    Professional services

• Microsoft and HP will offer a full set of business productivity services ranging from assessment, architecture planning and design to implementation, monitoring, management and support for software, hardware, network, server, storage and infrastructure components in the shared portfolio.
    • HP will dedicate a global team of service professionals to support the joint solutions, helping customers achieve improved levels of network availability and response times. • HP and Microsoft will also target communications service providers, offering them the same technologies and services to enable hosted unified communications and collaboration services for small to medium-sized businesses.
    • HP and Microsoft will provide services for customers who seek to run their technology on-premise, fully outsource, or who opt for a combination of both.
    • Microsoft and HP will work together to address customers’ real-time collaboration needs using HP Halo Managed Services and HP ProCurve products.
    Marketing and sales

• Microsoft and HP will assign dedicated salespeople to their joint solutions and train several thousand technical and delivery personnel.
    • The companies will showcase their end-to-end solution and their respective communications and collaboration products in Microsoft Technology Centers and HP Customer Briefing Centers worldwide.
    • HP will help organizations accelerate adoption of the end-to-end solution with flexible financing and trade-in programs from HP Financial Services.
    More information about the HP and Microsoft initiative is available here. More information about Microsoft unified communications and collaboration technologies is available here.

Source: HP

alexp999, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Conflict with HP and Microsoft Windows

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Conflict with HP and Microsoft Windows

1. Conflict with HP and Microsoft Windows - Similar Threads - Conflict Microsoft

2. I have a conflict with my personal Microsoft account using the same email as a business...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a conflict with my personal Microsoft account using the same email as a business...: When I login to my personal account I get a prompt that says that my email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. It then gives me a choice to use my work or school account or my personal account. When I click to use the work or school account it says that I can't...
  3. I have a conflict with my personal Microsoft account using the same email as a business...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a conflict with my personal Microsoft account using the same email as a business...: When I login to my personal account I get a prompt that says that my email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. It then gives me a choice to use my work or school account or my personal account. When I click to use the work or school account it says that I can't...
  4. Microsoft Picture It Digital Image Pro conflict with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Picture It Digital Image Pro conflict with Windows Updates: After update of Windows, MS Picture It Digital Image Pro stop open files. I have reinstalled the program with no success. Consulted a back-up on my regedit and noted a line modified on : Ordinateur\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microdoft\Windows\Applets\Regdit -» LastKey REG_SZ...
  5. Microsoft Picture It Digital Image Pro conflict with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Picture It Digital Image Pro conflict with Windows Updates: After update of Windows, MS Picture It Digital Image Pro stop open files. I have reinstalled the program with no success. Consulted a back-up on my regedit and noted a line modified on : Ordinateur\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microdoft\Windows\Applets\Regdit -» LastKey REG_SZ...
  6. Microsoft Picture It Digital Image Pro conflict with Windows Updates

7. Microsoft Security Baseline policies conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security Baseline policies conflict: Hello There,I am planning to configure the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit for my domain controller, and after linking the domain controller policy and check the resultant group policy I found that some settings are not changed by the new policy but instead taking the...
  8. Microsoft Security Baseline policies conflict

Microsoft Security Baseline policies conflict: Hello There,I am planning to configure the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit for my domain controller, and after linking the domain controller policy and check the resultant group policy I found that some settings are not changed by the new policy but instead taking the...
  9. Palo Alto XDR malware detector is having conflict with Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Palo Alto XDR malware detector is having conflict with Microsoft Defender: Due to my antivirus expririmg, we decided to activate windows defender av. However, since my Palo Alto is active it makes my defender passive mode.Can I make defender working without removing my Palo Alto? Or is there option to have them work real time?...
  10. Palo Alto XDR malware detector is having conflict with Microsoft Defender

Palo Alto XDR malware detector is having conflict with Microsoft Defender: Due to my antivirus expririmg, we decided to activate windows defender av. However, since my Palo Alto is active it makes my defender passive mode.Can I make defender working without removing my Palo Alto? Or is there option to have them work real time?...