Windows 10: Conflicting driver updates

Discus and support Conflicting driver updates in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DimitriM1, Feb 2, 2022.

1. DimitriM1 Win User

Conflicting driver updates

Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.However, after a few days the black flickering reoccured. I think I found the culprit. Each time I run a Windows Update, an older version of the Intel UHD Graphics Driver is installed version 30.0.100.9864 to be precise. The version offered through the Intel Driver & Support Assistant is a more recent version versio

:)

DimitriM1, Feb 2, 2022

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2022
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 2, 2022
  4. Conflicting driver updates

OneNote "Sync Conflicts"

Hi Tom,

Sync conflicts error shown in OneNote can be resolved by using OneNote desktop client. To stop seeing this error, can you follow the below steps:

1. Open the page which is having conflicts in OneNote desktop client or in Internet explorer
    2. Open the page in which this error is shown
    3. On the top of the page there will be a text bar shown. Pressing on the text bar will show conflicting pages for this page.
    4. Delete the conflicting page by selecting the page and right clicking on it.
    5. Sync the changes from desktop to server
    6. After the above steps, open the page in Mobile and tap on "refresh" to get the changes made on the server.
    After step 6 is done, sync conflicting error message should be stopped from prompting.

Hope this helps!

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Feb 2, 2022
Thema:

Conflicting driver updates

1. Conflicting driver updates - Similar Threads - Conflicting driver updates

2. Hardware Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Driver Conflicts: I am unable to update the PCI Express Root driver. In the Resource file this driver has a conflict with multiple other components. What can I do to update and negate these conflicts. I have tried and failed to update this driver through the AVG Driver Updater and manually....
  3. Hardware Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Driver Conflicts: I am unable to update the PCI Express Root driver. In the Resource file this driver has a conflict with multiple other components. What can I do to update and negate these conflicts. I have tried and failed to update this driver through the AVG Driver Updater and manually....
  4. Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update: Intel has a new graphics driver version 30.0.101.1994 available for my laptop. After installing it from the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, Microsoft Update says there's an Intel graphics driver update available which is version 30.0.101.1404. Apparently, Intel has not...
  5. Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update

Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update: Intel has a new graphics driver version 30.0.101.1994 available for my laptop. After installing it from the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, Microsoft Update says there's an Intel graphics driver update available which is version 30.0.101.1404. Apparently, Intel has not...
  6. Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Conflicting updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting updates: 2 Update with different version for same driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conflicting-updates/d32f33c4-d512-4d0e-b22c-e8352bafcc38
  8. Conflicting driver updates

Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  9. shared/conflicting drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shared/conflicting drivers: Source Trusted Installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharedconflicting-drivers/166d92d7-b1c8-45e3-983b-9f84aeccbe59
  10. Nvidia Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Driver Conflicts: I can't recall making an update or change to my rig or software, but suddenly it started crashing whenever I launched a game. I have reinstalled, first from the recovery option in settings, and then from install disk after seeing no change. After the disk install I proceeded...