Windows 10: Conflicting memory tests

Discus and support Conflicting memory tests in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Testing a new rig with 32GB (2x16) of DDR4, 2333MHz ram (Patriot Viper Elite PVE432G266C6KGY) on an Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard. BTW- Patriot 2666... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TV2, Mar 2, 2019.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Conflicting memory tests

Testing a new rig with 32GB (2x16) of DDR4, 2333MHz ram (Patriot Viper Elite PVE432G266C6KGY) on an Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard.
    BTW- Patriot 2666 RAM is not on the QVL for this board (none). Thought I'd chance it, Patriot makes good RAM, usually.

I ran Memtest86 (by Passmark) and it threw out errors. 9 on one 4-pass test, 15 on another.
    I did due diligence: ClearRTC, CPU Parameter Recall - still errors.
    I switched the modules from slots A2/B2 to slots A1/B1 and it threw up 51 errors on the first pass.

So bad RAM, right? I set up a return RMA, and bought some Corsair RAM that is on the QVL. Live and learn.

So while I'm waiting for the new RAM I decided to try another RAM test. Pulled out my old Memtest86+, v5.01 and ran that overnight. 7 passes, no errors.

So what am I to believe here? The Passmark Memtest86 is a newer program, the Memtest86+ is almost 7 years old and has not been updated.
    My decision is made, but now I'm wondering....

:)

2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 2, 2019
  3. wolfaust Win User
    Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers [PS4]

Published by Kalypso Media, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers lets players experience intense air combat from both sides of the war. Advances in aerial technology revolutionized air combat during WWII — and the gripping aerial battles of the Second World War have now also found their way onto the PlayStation 4 system. Step into the boots of Admiral Lucas Stark (US Navy) and coordinate the defence of Pearl Harbor and the liberation of the Pacific Ocean — or win honour and glory for the Japanese empire as Admiral Hideaki Hashimoto (Imperial Japanese Army).

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers PlayStation 4 Edition
    • Play two campaigns revolving around historically significant aircraft carriers — either for the US Navy or the Imperial Japanese Army
    • Step into the cockpit of 18 famous airplane types, such as the Japanese A6M "Zero" and the Aichi D3 "Val," or the American F4F "Wildcat" or F4U "Corsair"
    • Command an entire squadron and lead your unit to victory
    • Experience the most famous battles of the Pacific Theatre and fly missions located in Midway, Pearl Harbor, and Wake Island
    • Put your flying abilities to the test in 4 different online multiplayer modes, including aerial and aircraft carrier battle
    PS4 Exclusives:
    • 7 new airplanes, including the ME109, Hawker Sea Hurricane, or F6F "Hellcat"
    • Head tracking ability with PlayStation Camera
    Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers PlayStation 4 Edition is available today across as a boxed retail version for £34.99/€39.99/$39.99 (SRP) or via digital download on the PlayStation Store.

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers - Release Trailer PlayStation 4 (English)

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers - Release Trailer PlayStation 4 Screenshots

Conflicting memory tests P2McwrV.jpg

Conflicting memory tests wnjbvQK.jpg

Conflicting memory tests nVDNlrk.jpg

Conflicting memory tests SonCPVP.jpg

Conflicting memory tests JllGs7Q.jpg

wolfaust, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Conflicting memory tests

Windows memory test.

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to understand the issue in a better way:

• Were you able to run Windows Memory Diagnostic previously?
    • Are you able to use the F1 key on any other program?

However, you can try to run Memory Diagnostics from Windows Recovery Environment. To run Memory Diagnostics, please follow the
    steps mentioned below:

1. Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the keyboard.
    2. Hold the Shift key on the keyboard and click on the
      Power button and click on Restart.
    3. You will get the Recovery options.
    4. Click on Troubleshoot.
    5. Click on Advanced options.
    6. Click on Command Prompt.
    7. Now, on the Command Prompt window type mdsched.exe
      and press the Enter key.
    8. It will start Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Conflicting memory tests

1. Conflicting memory tests - Similar Threads - Conflicting memory tests

2. Memory Diagnostic Failed Test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Diagnostic Failed Test: Just recently updated my Motherboard's BIOS B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Earlier today and ever since my pc has crashed on muyltiple games under rendering issues, I rant a memory diagnostic and it failed as well, not sure how to pinpoint what exactly went wrong....
  3. Memory Diagnostic Failed Test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Diagnostic Failed Test: Just recently updated my Motherboard's BIOS B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Earlier today and ever since my pc has crashed on muyltiple games under rendering issues, I rant a memory diagnostic and it failed as well, not sure how to pinpoint what exactly went wrong....
  4. BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST: I know there's a bad stick among the 4 sticks in use on my MB, but maybe someone can confirm this event is based on bad RAM.Thank you for your time, I think I've covered all the events today, pretty frustrating. Please refer to the file at the...
  5. BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST: I know there's a bad stick among the 4 sticks in use on my MB, but maybe someone can confirm this event is based on bad RAM.Thank you for your time, I think I've covered all the events today, pretty frustrating. Please refer to the file at the...
  6. Frequent BSOD, but Memory test found nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD, but Memory test found nothing: Hey thereI've been having a frequent blue screen issue, so much so that I stress tested with memtest86 both my RAM sticks to confirm if one or both are indeed faulty, they both passedWhat is causing the Blue screens then? Why did it happen an hour or two AFTER I had just...
  7. Windows memory diagnostic won't finish the test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows memory diagnostic won't finish the test: I ran the diagnostic tool and everytime it finishes the test it just restarts the test, doesn't restart my pc or finish. Everytike I did escape to exit it just resets the test too. Anyone know a way to fix this?...
  8. "The Windows Memory Diagnostic scheduled the testing of the computer's memory to run...

"The Windows Memory Diagnostic scheduled the testing of the computer's memory to run...: Good afternoon, I need anyone's help regarding this result after I ran Windows Diagnostics. What should I do next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-memory-diagnostic-scheduled-the/f6a167ba-903d-4790-8347-2def6170e08a
  9. Memory diagnostic test results not found

Memory diagnostic test results not found: I have run the test twice now and can't find the results. Based on community threads, I've looked in the windows system log and can find the events for the 'diagnostic being scheduled immediately' - both times - but never any results... any ideas?...
  10. Windows memory test.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows memory test.: Hello, When I run windows memory diagnostic the F1 button does nothing. It is there but does not change the screen at all. The test seems to have already commenced when I get the screen that it's running. Anyone can help? Windows 10 64bit 16MB RAM (2 x 8). Gigabyte...