Windows 10: Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers

Discus and support Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, all of a sudden my trackpad stops working. Eventually I deduce that it is a driver issue so I re install the drivers by deleting the device and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by christianpuello, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers

So, all of a sudden my trackpad stops working. Eventually I deduce that it is a driver issue so I re install the drivers by deleting the device and restarting my computer. I come to find out that it solved the issue but now my keyboard isn't working! I proceeded to the keyboard drivers as well but wouldn't you know it, my trackpad does not work. Im currently navigating using the on-screen keyboard but is seems as if whenever I get the keyboard to work, the trackpad does not and vice versa. Someone please help!

Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers [​IMG]

:)

christianpuello, Sep 1, 2020

2. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you restore your computer to an earlier point in time.
    Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Since you're unable to use the keyboard and trackpad to log in to Windows 10, access the recovery environment and run system restore. To do that, follow these steps:

• Use the installation media to access the recovery environment. If you don't have one, go to this

link
    • Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot, and then select an option. If you don’t see the Choose your option screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer’s
      website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order.
    • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced Options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems, but it won’t affect your personal
      files.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers

Problem trackpad and keyboard sometimes don't work at startup.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall keyboard driver.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers

1. Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers - Similar Threads - Conflicting trackpad keyboard

2. Hardware Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Driver Conflicts: I am unable to update the PCI Express Root driver. In the Resource file this driver has a conflict with multiple other components. What can I do to update and negate these conflicts. I have tried and failed to update this driver through the AVG Driver Updater and manually....
  3. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  4. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  5. Keyboard and trackpad not working

6. Conflicting driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  7. Conflicting driver updates

Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  8. Keyboard and trackpad not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and trackpad not responding: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 for 6 months, and i booted it up today to find it that the keyboard and trackpad was not working, the caps lock didnt turn on, the external usb keyboard didnt also, and i cannot login. Help immediate!...
  9. shared/conflicting drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shared/conflicting drivers: Source Trusted Installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharedconflicting-drivers/166d92d7-b1c8-45e3-983b-9f84aeccbe59
  10. Keyboard key conflict

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard key conflict: My keyboard show @ sign on upper numeric keys but when I try to achieve it while pressing shift key " is retrieved. This happened after I reinstalled windows 10. previously it was working fine. please if somebody could help....