Windows 10: Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice

Discus and support Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with a i5-7200U CPU updated to 22H2. Windows Update tells me its ready to download & install Windows 11 version 22H2 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffCody, Feb 23, 2023.

1. JeffCody Win User

Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice

I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with a i5-7200U CPU updated to 22H2. Windows Update tells me its ready to download & install Windows 11 version 22H2 - even though PC Health tells me my i5-7200U isn't supported. Can I safely upgrade or not? Has Microsoft created a software work-around for i5-7200U systems and not updated their PC Health app?

:)

JeffCody, Feb 23, 2023
  2. John DeV Win User

Hello JeffCody,

Good day! I'm a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

This could be just a bug or glitch in the Windows Update settings as your current i5-7200U processor is still not on the list of Windows 11 supported Intel processors.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

If you still decide to upgrade, I recommend to backup your important files first. In case you experience major issues after the upgrade, you can safely downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10.

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-downgrade-from...

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

John DeV, Feb 24, 2023
  3. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Feb 24, 2023
  4. dougboes Win User

Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

1. Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice - Similar Threads - Conflicting Upgrade Advice

2. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  3. Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with a i5-7200U CPU updated to 22H2. Windows Update tells me its ready to download & install Windows 11 version 22H2 - even though PC Health tells me my i5-7200U isn't supported. Can I safely upgrade or not? Has Microsoft created a software...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade - Conflicting CPU Support Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade - Conflicting CPU Support Information: Hi all,My wife's Asus laptop running the latest Windows 10 Home version is being showing that it does not meet the criteria for updating to Windows 11.Running PCHealthCheck says that the only criterium not being satisfied is the CPU which is an Intel Core i3-7020U.Now I'm...
  5. Windows Upgrade advice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade advice: Hello to all windows community members,This is Kushal from Republic of India, and willing to upgrade to latest windows version 20H2 or 21H1 and if possible to Windows 11I have dell latitude e7440 which is having following specifications.Processor :- Intel core i7 4600U 4th...
  6. Conflicting results/advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Conflicting results/advice: Hello, Plan to upgrade to Win 10. My present OS is Win 7 pro x64, the MOBO has integrated Display driver (ATI Radeon HD 3400, ver. 8.850). According ATI this version doesn't support Win 10. ATI says the Win 10 upgrade will replace it with a low performance generic driver....
  7. Upgrade conflict

Upgrade conflict: Hello My O/S is Windows 10. I connected a Seagate slim backup plus disk to my laptop last June. It worked as expected for a while. About July August time or it may have been a little latter it would no longer show on my laptop. I've clicked on Windows System, file explorer,...
  8. Skype - conflicting advice from MS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype - conflicting advice from MS: Skype for a W10 Desktop PC. There are 2 versions of Skype for a W10 desktop PC. The classic Skype for Desktop (currently ver 8.29.0.50) and Skype for Windows 10 (currently ver 12.1815.210.0). Microsoft appears to have conflicting views on which is the correct option as both...
  9. Skype - conflicting advice from MS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype - conflicting advice from MS: Skype for a W10 Desktop PC. There are 2 versions of Skype for a W10 desktop PC. The classic Skype for Desktop (currently ver 8.29.0.50) and Skype for Windows 10 (currently ver 12.1815.210.0). Microsoft appears to have conflicting views on which is the correct option as both...
  10. Upgrade Advice

Upgrade Advice: I am thinking of upgrading my system and would like any advice regarding if I would see a performance enhancement. I play most of the latest games (constant gamer) and some video/photo editing. I am only upgrading motherboard, memory and CPU. Already have a video card and...