Windows 10: Confused abot Avira antivurus Prime

Discus and support Confused abot Avira antivurus Prime in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Decided to browse around for different antivirus programs. I noticed ESET got the antivirus and Firewall built into it's program. Avira Prime got a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Scramjet, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Scramjet Win User

Confused abot Avira antivurus Prime

Decided to browse around for different antivirus programs. I noticed ESET got the antivirus and Firewall built into it's program. Avira Prime got a 3-month free trial so I done some digging. Avira Prime claims to have a firewall protection but according to reviews, when you click on it to modify, it actually opens Windows 10 Firewall. I find that very strange for the price of the Prime package compared to the ESET Internet Security package.
    Anyone here to shed some light on this for me?

:)

Scramjet, Mar 29, 2019
  2. kath_986 Win User

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Avira icon on system tray not showing

p060477,

marsmimar's suggestion, based on that of others, is a very good step to take.

*Arrow If the problem still remains, then, your best bet is to go to the Avira support forum. Avira is the best source to solve this issue. It IS their program, they know best what problems exist, and they are the ones who can actually do something about it!

cottonball, Mar 29, 2019
  4. p060477 Win User

Avira icon on system tray not showing

the support is only for PREMIUM paying customers
    and this BIG is also on the PREMIUM customers
    and this is a very AVIRA'S SHAME

p060477, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Confused abot Avira antivurus Prime - Similar Threads - Confused abot Avira

2. can't open the defender antivurus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open the defender antivurus: You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-the-defender-antivurus/33757f6a-5ee0-44d4-a085-b05b9ee1a49b
  3. can't open the defender antivurus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open the defender antivurus: You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-the-defender-antivurus/33757f6a-5ee0-44d4-a085-b05b9ee1a49b
  4. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  5. Avira Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira Antivirus: How do I uninstall a program called, "Avira Antivirus"? I don't know how it got onto my computer and is preventing MS updates.Thank You,Kathy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-antivirus/cce2d2f3-740e-444e-9ff9-de978d4560ec
  6. Disabling Avira

Disabling Avira: I installed Avira as a second line of defense to be called on when required. However, it is producing pop-ups, so must be currently 'active'. Autoruns shows many entries, all ticked and I am denied access to untick them. Without uninstalling it, how can I disable it till I...
  7. avira

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    avira: does anyone else have this " avira" on there computer? I dont know what it is doing but its messing up my laptop! and my screen does all kinds of weird stuff the screen ha a mind of its own.i dont know if its an update or if someone is on my laptop.can someone please help...
  8. Avira Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avira Antivirus: Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem - thank you Kath...
  9. Avira Anitivius

Avira Anitivius: I am needing to uninstall Avira Antivirus from my computer manually in order for my Windows to install updates. I am not able to find Avira anywhere on my computer to even do this....
  10. Avira Ubuntu scan confused Security Center

Avira Ubuntu scan confused Security Center: I have Win10Pro and use Windows Defender. I just ran the Avira Ubuntu-based bootable scan as a safety measure and it claims to have found and fixed a bunch of baddies (TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3 and TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen). After rebooting to Windows, I get notification that the...