Windows 10: confused about account types

Discus and support confused about account types in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DebbieSingh979, Mar 21, 2022.

1. confused about account types

I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have to access the store or other random times. I am denied access to some OF MY OWN files on my main computer and have trouble finding pictures, docs, etc when I click "upload ..." at a third party website. Should my Microsoft account be the one I use to log on to all of my devices? Should it be the "administrator" account, a local, a user account? Should the login account be admin., or local, etc? Which account isn't "denied access" to files? I am

:)

DebbieSingh979, Mar 21, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 21, 2022
  3. User Account Confusions

Certainly am ! First to uninstall Malwarebytes and disable Secure Boot. Then I am good to go.

Left starting until I could get a clear run,

DOWNLOADING ISO
    I am confused by the Download Menus which suggest downloading twice which is fine but in
    between seems to suggest downloading and UPDATING Windows 10. I seem to remember being warned at some stage updating Windows could cause confusion. Should I ignore this Dialogue - menu - step and proceed straight to downloading from the Microsoft site ?

Also I need the mouse to work efficiently is it ok
    a) to leave it in and/or
    b) to remove it an put it back during the Repair install ?

The touch pad is unreliable and only seems to work intermittently,

PostmanPuzzled, Mar 21, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

confused about account types

Account problem

Aslam,

Yes, the procedure is complex but I split it into individual steps that, I believe, can be followed by anybody.

Booting into Safe mode is explained in section 3. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Getting into the built-in Administrator account is explained in section 4. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Any local account and any MSAccount can be made a "Standard" account or an Admin account. You need to be logged in to an Admin account in order to raise a Standard account to Admin status.
    - Once you are logged in to one of the Admin accounts that I suggest that you create, you can go to Settings, Accounts, Family & other users so that you can select the account you want to raise then click on the Change account type button that appears.
    - Be wary of promoting then relying upon the current problem account because its user profile might be damaged. I cannot say that it is definitely damaged but only that something has gone wrong.

Denis

Thema:

confused about account types

1. confused about account types - Similar Threads - confused account types

2. Confused about Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused about Explorer.exe: When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-about-explorerexe/ca36a691-3b45-4935-9033-bc50482b3ccf
  3. Confused about Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about Explorer.exe: When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-about-explorerexe/ca36a691-3b45-4935-9033-bc50482b3ccf
  4. confused about account types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    confused about account types: I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have to access the store or other random times. I am denied access to some OF MY OWN files on my main computer and have trouble...
  5. confused about account types

in Windows 10 Customization
    confused about account types: I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have to access the store or other random times. I am denied access to some OF MY OWN files on my main computer and have trouble...
  6. Confused about Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused about Updates: Hi, I've spent a few hours this morning trying to update Windows then furiously back-peddle after reading horror stories online - throw in a Repairing Disc Errors screen... you get the idea. But I'm confused about what I should do now. Under Windows Update I have: Feature...
  7. confusion about network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    confusion about network: Looking into Network and Sharing Centre I see two networks: - Network 2, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet -Unidentified network, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet There is one network adapter (Realtek) which contains both names (Network 2, Unidentified...
  8. Confused about backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confused about backup: [img] I'm new to Win 10 and yesterday tried to back up my files for the first time. I went to setting>update & security>backup and tried to backup on a flash drive (to transfer to ext. HD), but got a message that files not yet backed up. I then exported my Firefox folders...
  9. Confused about Imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about Imaging: Ok so I have been making System Images with Windows 7 (and now Windows 10) for a long time now, onto a portable hard drive. I rename them afterwards to things like "HpJune2016cleaninstall" so I know which one is which. I just read somewhere that to restore an image it has to...
  10. Confused about OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about OneDrive: First post, as a newcomer to Win 10 after 15 years with XP (and all previous Windows OS versions). On this page Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 I'm reading an explanation of OneDrive: "While you can always choose where to save files that you create,...