Windows 10: Confused about Explorer.exe

Discus and support Confused about Explorer.exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ric Ross, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Ric Ross Win User

Confused about Explorer.exe

When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean?

:)

Ric Ross, Mar 4, 2023
  2. cgm707 Win User

File Explorer is confusing

Somewhat new to Windows, after having used a Mac for several years.

I find the layout in the File Explorer very confusing.

It shows Quick Access, I see two separate Desktop listings (contents not the same), OneDrive, This PC, Libraries, My User Name.

Why are there two Desktops? Is there a way to change the layout so it's not so confusing?

Thanks for any help!

cgm707, Mar 4, 2023
  3. Internet Explorer won't start

Since it's not allowing you to open the settings of the Internet Explorer itself, we suggest that you type inetcpl.cpl on
    the search box to open the Internet Properties and follow the steps provided on the link that we have on our previous post.

Note: In doing this you can now skip step 1 under Reset Internet Explorer settings.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the Internet Explorer.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

To uninstall the Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type
      Programs and Features in the search box, and then select
      View installed updates.

• Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the
      Microsoft Windows section.

• Right-click Internet Explorer 11, click Uninstall and then click
      Yes.

• Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 11 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer)

• Restart later

To download and reinstall Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Check the System Type that you need to install by pressing
      Windows key + Pause key.
    • Check the System type under System (Ex: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor).

• Download Internet Explorer 11 (Offline Installer) on this
      link.

• Choose your preferred language and Service Pack (Ex: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit).

• Follow the on-screen prompt.

• Once done, check if the issues persists.

Note: The installer that you can download on this link also applies in Windows 10.

We'll wait for your update with the result.

Zedrick Del, Mar 4, 2023
  4. Louie_101 Win User

cooliris for internet explorer

Hi JeanetteBallew,

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

I suggest you to try the steps below.

Option 1:

1. Open WinX menu by holding Windows and X keys together, and then click Programs and Features.

2. Look for Cooliris for Internet Explorer in the list, click on it and then click Uninstall to initiate the uninstallation.

Option 2: Uninstall Cooliris for Internet Explorer with its uninstaller.exe.

Most of computer programs have an executable file named uninst000.exe or uninstall.exe or something along these lines. You can find this files in the installation folder of Cooliris for Internet Explorer.

1. Go to the installation folder of Cooliris for Internet Explorer.

2. Find uninstall.exe or unins000.exe.

3. Double click on its uninstaller and follow the wizard to uninstall Cooliris for Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Confused about Explorer.exe - Similar Threads - Confused Explorer exe

2. Explorer Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Confusion: I find File Explorer in Windows 11 very confusing and I have many questions but I'll start with this one and see if it helps.I'm used to only seeing one "Desktop" folder in windows and that resided on the c drive. Now, when I open explorer in Windows 11 I have 3 Desktop...
  3. Explorer Confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Confusion: I find File Explorer in Windows 11 very confusing and I have many questions but I'll start with this one and see if it helps.I'm used to only seeing one "Desktop" folder in windows and that resided on the c drive. Now, when I open explorer in Windows 11 I have 3 Desktop...
  4. Confused about Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused about Explorer.exe: When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-about-explorerexe/ca36a691-3b45-4935-9033-bc50482b3ccf
  5. Confused about Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused about Updates: Hi, I've spent a few hours this morning trying to update Windows then furiously back-peddle after reading horror stories online - throw in a Repairing Disc Errors screen... you get the idea. But I'm confused about what I should do now. Under Windows Update I have: Feature...
  6. confusion about network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    confusion about network: Looking into Network and Sharing Centre I see two networks: - Network 2, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet -Unidentified network, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet There is one network adapter (Realtek) which contains both names (Network 2, Unidentified...
  7. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  8. Confused about backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confused about backup: [img] I'm new to Win 10 and yesterday tried to back up my files for the first time. I went to setting>update & security>backup and tried to backup on a flash drive (to transfer to ext. HD), but got a message that files not yet backed up. I then exported my Firefox folders...
  9. Confused about Imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about Imaging: Ok so I have been making System Images with Windows 7 (and now Windows 10) for a long time now, onto a portable hard drive. I rename them afterwards to things like "HpJune2016cleaninstall" so I know which one is which. I just read somewhere that to restore an image it has to...
  10. Confused about OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about OneDrive: First post, as a newcomer to Win 10 after 15 years with XP (and all previous Windows OS versions). On this page Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 I'm reading an explanation of OneDrive: "While you can always choose where to save files that you create,...