Windows 10: Confused about java and Windows 10

Discus and support Confused about java and Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; okay I use IE, Chrome and FF, I can get java installed and works properly for Chrome and FF however, IE seems to have a problem, on the java site it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Trust_No1, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

Confused about java and Windows 10

okay I use IE, Chrome and FF, I can get java installed and works properly for Chrome and FF
    however,
    IE seems to have a problem, on the java site it offers 2 different versions, one for IE and one for others
    but it seems no matter what I do IE refuses to see it

I use WD MyCloud drives and to access them via my browser it uses java, I can access them through Chrome and FF, but IE it is impossible

How do I get IE in Windows 10 to function, it works in Windows 8?

:)

Trust_No1, Jan 27, 2015
  2. adjwm Win User

A bit confused about Java support

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the Java support on Windows Mobile. Is there always Java support on WM? If so, about with version of Java are we talking here?

Thanks.

adjwm, Jan 27, 2015
  3. Linley Meslier, Jan 27, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

More than likely, the latest version of IE in Windows 10 is incompatible with the current Java. This can happen as the software evolves. Eventually, it will become IE12 and Oracle will need to make changes to accommodate this. In addition, there is a totally new browser to be included in 10 called Spartan, which from my understanding may use the Chrome extension model. So Java may work with that when its released.

Mystere, Jan 27, 2015
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    Not the answer I wanted to hear LOL

But it does sound reasonable, we will just have to see how it progresses. Thanks

Trust_No1, Jan 28, 2015
  6. I took a quick look a WD cloud and didn't see any thing about java
    Search WD: results
    My Cloud User Manual

Is there a plugin?

Can you just type in the URL?

Slartybart, Jan 28, 2015
  7. having trouble with java on all 3 browsers firefox chrome IE
    installed 64 uninstalled and installed 32. its doesnt work any one else can help me. i just update my win7 to win10

2bachobyul, Mar 23, 2015
  8. Confused about java and Windows 10

Java isn't required by many programs, and many that do 'require' java only use it for a specific feature (ex: macros in a document application).

If you don't need java, then I suggest that you uninstall it from your machine. Make sure you uninstall it completely.

See: Information about the Java uninstaller tool

If you absolutely need java, - uninstall all older versions, uninstall the JDK if it is installed, restart your machine and get the latest version.

Slartybart, Mar 23, 2015
  9. Phone Man Win User
    From the WD Cloud user manual system requirements.

Confused about java and Windows 10 [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 23, 2015
  10. Well, right you are Mr. Phone man, right you are. Don't know how I missed that _- *Redface -_

as penance, here are the WDC search results for java and internet explorer

Slartybart, Mar 23, 2015
  11. - install both versions, if you really need Java on your system..

BugMeister, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Confused about java and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Confused java

2. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  3. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  4. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  5. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  6. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  7. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  8. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused: Using my PC has become nearly impossible without first dealing with the issue of space required for OneDrive. This isn't a rant. I seriously need to learn how to continue to use the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system to manage my daily activities as I've done for many...
  10. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused: Using my PC has become nearly impossible without first dealing with the issue of space required for OneDrive. This isn't a rant. I seriously need to learn how to continue to use the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system to manage my daily activities as I've done for many...