Windows 10: Confused about Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Confused about Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; 3-17-2020 stats: Windows 10 pro 64-bit, Macrium Reflect Confused by the main screen "RESTORE" and the external cd "Macrium Reflect Rescue Media ISO".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jps99, Mar 17, 2020.

1. jps99 Win User

Confused about Macrium Reflect

3-17-2020

stats: Windows 10 pro 64-bit,
    Macrium Reflect

Confused by the main screen "RESTORE" and the
    external cd "Macrium Reflect Rescue Media ISO".
    If your HD fails then the main screen "RESTORE"
    is worthless.
    Please tell me why I would ever want to use the
    Main Screen RESTORE?
    The ISO disk should be able to boot and restore
    Windows 10 with out all the confusion.
    Please help.

:)

jps99, Mar 17, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Confused about Macrium Reflect [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Ed-jo Win User

Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

trying to create a task for synctoy, or any other program fails, also scheduler not working for macrium reflect either, any help appreciated.

Old title: cant create a task get multiple errors.

Ed-jo, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Confused about Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Confused Macrium Reflect

2. About Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    About Macrium Reflect: Hello, Today while running Macrium to make system full backup, I noticed that a third disk (G) is Red. As far as I can remember, it was always Blue like the others. The disk is fine, everything on it is readable. Can somebody tell me why its red ? Attached screenshot. Note:...
  3. About Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Support
    About Macrium Reflect: Hello, Today while running Macrium to make system full backup, I noticed that a third disk (G) is Red. As far as I can remember, it was always Blue like the others. The disk is fine, everything on it is readable. Can somebody tell me why its red ? Attached screenshot. Note:...
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  5. Question about Macrium Reflect

Question about Macrium Reflect: Better late than never, but I've finally started using backup/cloning software, namely Macrium Reflect considering all the praise it gets. But I need to ask, is downloading the PE files used for creating a restore USB necessary if I'm just going to be cloning my drive?...
  6. Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused)

Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused): I have been away from computers for some time and i thought i had worked out creating an image ready to restore if needed. When creating an image i was selecting 'C' and the hidden small boot partition for the one image assuming this was what i needed if i had to restore the...
  7. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Couple of Nooby questions about Macrium Reflect

Couple of Nooby questions about Macrium Reflect: Hello All, Thanks to this site, I am keen to try Macrium Reflect (Free). I intend to back up to an external drive. I will most likely use Windows File History for individual Files / Folders (Photos, videos, documents etc). A couple of basic questions come to mind; 1....