Windows 10: Confused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating...

Discus and support Confused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a bit of a mess I am trying to sort through, and most of the guides I am Googling are assuming you want to trash/wipe your current Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CyberAkumaZero, May 17, 2021.

1. Confused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating...

I have a bit of a mess I am trying to sort through, and most of the guides I am Googling are assuming you want to trash/wipe your current Windows install and/or install new, couldn't find information about what I am trying to dConfused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating... o_Ok, so I have three systems:1: An i7-3770K Desktop which started with a Windows 7 Pro license and had since been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. slmgr confirms the license is Retail. 2: An i7-10700K Desktop which currently has no Windows license tied to it. 3: An i7-2XXX era CPU forgot exact model Laptop which started as a Windows 8 Home OEM license, but had been r

:)

CyberAkumaZero, May 17, 2021

2. Migrating Digitally Licensed Windows 10 to SSD

I am very confused on how to migrate my current OS to my SSD by using the new ISO by Windows. I have installed the ISO onto a flash drive. I have booted the flash drive and it says that I have to go back and start Windows normally and restart the upgrade
    process. What does this mean? Could anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to migrate my OS? Also, my Windows 10 is digitally licensed.

AlexDT3956, May 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, May 17, 2021
  4. Confused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating...

Andre Da Costa, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Confused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating...

1. Confused about multiple Windows licenses, transferring them, and how to go about migrating... - Similar Threads - Confused multiple licenses

2. Confused about Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about Explorer.exe: When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-about-explorerexe/ca36a691-3b45-4935-9033-bc50482b3ccf
  3. Confused about licenses and transferring my install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused about licenses and transferring my install: I have a bit of a mess I am trying to sort through, and most of the guides I am Googling are assuming you want to trash/wipe your current Windows install and/or install new, couldn't find information about what I am trying to do. Ok, so I have three systems, all of which run...
  4. I'm confused about windows license here

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm confused about windows license here: I have a question, is it legal to use non-activated windows? because I found different answers about this in a Microsoft thread like this I'm sorry if my English is bad, coz I'm not English...
  5. confusion about network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    confusion about network: Looking into Network and Sharing Centre I see two networks: - Network 2, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet -Unidentified network, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet There is one network adapter (Realtek) which contains both names (Network 2, Unidentified...
  6. Question about transferring license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about transferring license: One of my PCs, which I built myself, originally ran Windows 7, which I later updated to Windows 10 while it was still available as a free download. This PC has now reaching end of life and I'm wondering if there will be any issues using the same product key on a new computer....
  7. Confused about backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confused about backup: [img] I'm new to Win 10 and yesterday tried to back up my files for the first time. I went to setting>update & security>backup and tried to backup on a flash drive (to transfer to ext. HD), but got a message that files not yet backed up. I then exported my Firefox folders...
  8. Confused about License requirement for clean install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused about License requirement for clean install...: I have a PC I want to install Windows 10 on, clean. I have a Win 7 Pro license key. In instructions I read about installs it says to use a Windows 10 license key. As you probably guess, can I install Windows 10 from a USB drive and use a Windows 7 Pro license key? 37296
  9. Confused about Imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about Imaging: Ok so I have been making System Images with Windows 7 (and now Windows 10) for a long time now, onto a portable hard drive. I rename them afterwards to things like "HpJune2016cleaninstall" so I know which one is which. I just read somewhere that to restore an image it has to...
  10. Confused about OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about OneDrive: First post, as a newcomer to Win 10 after 15 years with XP (and all previous Windows OS versions). On this page Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 I'm reading an explanation of OneDrive: "While you can always choose where to save files that you create,...