Windows 10: Confused about secure boot state

Discus and support Confused about secure boot state in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello, i have the intentions to upgrade my pc to windows 11, currently the only requirement my pc don't meet is the secure boot state, which i attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fauzan Triyogi, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Confused about secure boot state

hello, i have the intentions to upgrade my pc to windows 11, currently the only requirement my pc don't meet is the secure boot state, which i attached below, but on my bios i can turn on secure boot, but my pc simply won't boot up, my question is this, do i have to do a completely fresh install to workaround this problem? thanks.

:)

Fauzan Triyogi, Oct 17, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 17, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Confused about secure boot state

User Account Confusions

Certainly am ! First to uninstall Malwarebytes and disable Secure Boot. Then I am good to go.

Left starting until I could get a clear run,

DOWNLOADING ISO
    I am confused by the Download Menus which suggest downloading twice which is fine but in
    between seems to suggest downloading and UPDATING Windows 10. I seem to remember being warned at some stage updating Windows could cause confusion. Should I ignore this Dialogue - menu - step and proceed straight to downloading from the Microsoft site ?

Also I need the mouse to work efficiently is it ok
    a) to leave it in and/or
    b) to remove it an put it back during the Repair install ?

The touch pad is unreliable and only seems to work intermittently,

PostmanPuzzled, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Confused about secure boot state

1. Confused about secure boot state - Similar Threads - Confused secure boot

2. Secure Boot state will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot state will not activate: Within the past three months I upgraded to windows 11 software but with it came a couple of problems with some settings. I noticed recently that some of my games are not supported by the windows 11 software due to change in my bios settings. I have tried every fix but it all...
  3. Secure Boot state will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot state will not activate: Within the past three months I upgraded to windows 11 software but with it came a couple of problems with some settings. I noticed recently that some of my games are not supported by the windows 11 software due to change in my bios settings. I have tried every fix but it all...
  4. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  5. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  6. Secure Boot State Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot State Off: Hello, One day i check my System Information and i saw that Secure Boot State Is off. How can i turn it on pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-state-off/ceaaba55-3385-442f-b592-45709b125f27
  7. Secure Boot State Off

Secure Boot State Off: Hello, One day i check my System Information and i saw that Secure Boot State Is off. How can i turn it on pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-state-off/ceaaba55-3385-442f-b592-45709b125f27
  8. Confused about secure boot state

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused about secure boot state: hello, i have the intentions to upgrade my pc to windows 11, currently the only requirement my pc don't meet is the secure boot state, which i attached below, but on my bios i can turn on secure boot, but my pc simply won't boot up, my question is this, do i have to do a...
  9. Confused about secure boot state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused about secure boot state: hello, i have the intentions to upgrade my pc to windows 11, currently the only requirement my pc don't meet is the secure boot state, which i attached below, but on my bios i can turn on secure boot, but my pc simply won't boot up, my question is this, do i have to do a...
  10. Confused about Secure Boot being Enabled before Win10 clean installs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Confused about Secure Boot being Enabled before Win10 clean installs: I am kind of mixed up and confused and have been given mixed answers on my question here (on different forums). I have created a Win10 bootable USB recently with the Media Creation Tool and in the UEFI settings, I enabled Secure Boot. Of course, with Secure Boot being...