Windows 10: Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features...

Discus and support Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I occasionally want to do screenrecording, for various apps (not just games), and I discovered the game bar was a built-in way to do it, but it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by witefoda, Apr 22, 2020.

1. witefoda Win User

Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features...

I occasionally want to do screenrecording, for various apps (not just games), and I discovered the game bar was a built-in way to do it, but it seems to be overboard in some things or without enough granular configuration.

For instance, in order to record in Chrome, I had to tick the box to make Game Bar consider the app a game... OK, it works.

Next time I opened Chrome, a pop-up reminded me that I can use Game Bar for it... so I found the setting to disable that.

Then I notice a "Record Last 30 Seconds" shortcut... which indicates that Game Bar is ALWAYS recording the last 30 seconds so that you can save them... which is a privacy issue for me. I don't want it to record things like my personal or business documents, or passwords or other people's info etc... and I can't tell how exactly it works or if it's actually secure enough.

If you know something about this (no guesses or troubleshooting please), if you have good details or experience with this can you please tell me what you know?

:)

witefoda, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Team Xbox wants to hear how you would like to use Windows 10 Game Bar

Source: https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/foru...33-pc-game-bar

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Team Xbox wants to hear how you would like to use Windows 10 Game Bar Xbox

Source: https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/foru...33-pc-game-bar

Brink, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features... - Similar Threads - Confused Game Bar

2. Confused about Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about Explorer.exe: When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-about-explorerexe/ca36a691-3b45-4935-9033-bc50482b3ccf
  3. There is some confusion about the terms of use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    There is some confusion about the terms of use: I have read the Microsoft software license terms of the Microsoft visual studio community 2019 and other products. which have some points in common But it is still very ambiguous. in the decision to use the product For this reason, I would like to ask Microsoft teams if...
  4. Xbox app and Game Bar confusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app and Game Bar confusion: Before, when I played some MS Store game with friends who happened to be on Xbox, I used the Win10 Xbox (beta) app to voice chat with them, which worked rather poorly (terrible audio quality, constant crashes, etc.) - but at least it worked. Now, I'm not sure if something...
  5. Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features...: I occasionally want to do screenrecording, for various apps (not just games), and I discovered the game bar was a built-in way to do it, but it seems to be overboard in some things or without enough granular configuration. For instance, in order to record in Chrome, I had to...
  6. About Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10: Hello. I'm Savitie I've played a game with Windows + G, Performance, and about a while later, the Xbox Game Bar Usage Memory is 10GB. I'd like to ask about it. I have suffered 3 times...
  7. Confused about java and Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Confused about java and Windows 10: okay I use IE, Chrome and FF, I can get java installed and works properly for Chrome and FF however, IE seems to have a problem, on the java site it offers 2 different versions, one for IE and one for others but it seems no matter what I do IE refuses to see it I use WD...
  8. Confused about Windows 10 Reset Function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused about Windows 10 Reset Function: I'm confused about the Windows 10 reset function and need some enlightenment. Today, I decided to do a Windows 10 reset and wipe out my existing HD of all of the old apps, files, etc. (I have it all backed up with Acronis backup). I thought the correct procedure was to...
  9. Confused about Imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about Imaging: Ok so I have been making System Images with Windows 7 (and now Windows 10) for a long time now, onto a portable hard drive. I rename them afterwards to things like "HpJune2016cleaninstall" so I know which one is which. I just read somewhere that to restore an image it has to...
  10. Confused about OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about OneDrive: First post, as a newcomer to Win 10 after 15 years with XP (and all previous Windows OS versions). On this page Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 I'm reading an explanation of OneDrive: "While you can always choose where to save files that you create,...