Windows 10: Confused and frustrated by Photos app

Discus and support Confused and frustrated by Photos app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connected my Android phone to my new Lenovo Windows 10 computer and selected Download to pc. The download followed. However, two important things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marites1, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Marites1 Win User

Confused and frustrated by Photos app

I connected my Android phone to my new Lenovo Windows 10 computer and selected Download to pc.
    The download followed. However, two important things apparently went wrong. First, not ALL of the pix and vids were transferred. But more importantly, while many now appear in the Photos app, no new pictures or videos folders were created in Windows Explorer. Photos displays pictures and videos together in "folders" identified only by dates, but if I want to attach a photo to an e-mail I must select it from the Windows Explorer folders, which do not appear.
    What am I not understanding? What did I do wrong? More importantly, what must I do now to "fix" this situation?
    Any help will be much appreciated.

:)

Marites1, Sep 14, 2019

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Confused and frustrated by Photos app

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Confused and frustrated by Photos app

1. Confused and frustrated by Photos app - Similar Threads - Confused frustrated Photos

2. Frustrated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frustrated: submitted by /u/mlgraves [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgrvza/frustrated/
  3. TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, CONFUSED AND UPSET WITH WINDOWS 10!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, CONFUSED AND UPSET WITH WINDOWS 10!!!: I am beyond frustrated trying to use Windows 10. The user name, user code, security code, password for Microsoft Account, password for Local Account, pin, Windows account, Microsoft Account, Local Account, etc. etc. have me totally confused and very, very frustrated! All I...
  4. Photos are confusing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos are confusing in Windows 10: On Window 7, I could just upload photos from my camera and put them in a folder, edit them in Microsoft Paint, and save them. Now it seems that they all automatically become videos that I can't use in other things. For example, I take pictures to share on blogs, some of...
  5. frustrated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frustrated: I am really frustrated with windows I got many issues so far. one of the most important though which affects my work and I came to discuss here I don't know if anyone can help me and I would be grateful I cannot install apps from anywhere! I ve tried everything even picking...
  6. Display scale confuses Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display scale confuses Photo Viewer: I have a set up with 3 monitors. The center one (and 'main') is 4k and the other two are 1080p I set a scale factor of 175% on the center one so stuff will look the same size on all three monitors (exact value should be 171.4% but 175% is close enough). For most apps this...
  7. FRUSTRATED

in Windows 10 Customization
    FRUSTRATED: I have windows 10,I am trying to uninstall ITUNES. I get error message to sign on as Administrator, I am thee administrator. Why does that keep happening and how do I uninstall it?...
  8. Frustration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frustration: how is it when using windows Music Player on 10 when i click on any item in my music library and then click PLAY I am immediately transferred to the Microsoft official home page...
  9. Frustrated..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frustrated..: For months now, I've been trying to NOT download update 1803 on my computer. Kept clearing my Software distribution folder, kept closing "Important days are pending".. Then somehow today.. it installs Windows Update Assistance. Seriously? Tried to uninstall it multiple times...
  10. Frustrating App/Utility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frustrating App/Utility: Hello all.. I have a new laptop which is just great. I have returned to Windows after 8 years of OSX. Once I started and set up my Windows 10 account when I open a window or app and try and move it on the desktop I get a small widow appearing roughly where the mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. frustrated by microsoft