Windows 10: Confused at the default brower

Discus and support Confused at the default brower in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to Google anything via Cortana, it always opens up MS Edge, even though it knows the default browser is Google Chrome. Can anyone help out?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NEmath09, Oct 14, 2019.

1. NEmath09 Win User

Confused at the default brower

When I try to Google anything via Cortana, it always opens up MS Edge, even though it knows the default browser is Google Chrome. Can anyone help out? Thanks in advance!

:)

NEmath09, Oct 14, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Confused at the default brower :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 14, 2019
  3. adanthuis Win User
    Cannot set Edge as the default brower in Windows 10

Edge is not listed as a program in either settings or the control panel-default programs. See below. I shouldn't have to use reset to default to change it (and thus change everything else) back to Edge.

Confused at the default brower ac3cafac-49e6-42f2-9f27-bed8421ee8f6.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

adanthuis, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Confused at the default brower

How can I prevent my default brower from being reset to Edge from FireFox?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Firefox as default browser and check if it helps.

• Go to “Settings” and click on “System”.
    • Under the “Default apps” tab, click on “Set defaults by app”.
    • Locate for “Mozilla Firefox” click on it.
    • Then click on “Choose defaults for this program” and check all the
      boxes.
    • Click on “Save” and then “OK”.
    • Then reboot the computer and check settings has been reset or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Confused at the default brower

1. Confused at the default brower - Similar Threads - Confused default brower

2. Can't move brower window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move brower window: I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. My Microsoft Edge browser is snapped to the left-hand side of the screen, and I cannot make it fill the screen unless I use full-screen mode, which I don't want, as I like to see the task bar. This problem cropped up a week or so...
  3. Can't move brower window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move brower window: I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. My Microsoft Edge browser is snapped to the left-hand side of the screen, and I cannot make it fill the screen unless I use full-screen mode, which I don't want, as I like to see the task bar. This problem cropped up a week or so...
  4. Stop pushing Hello to other browers

Stop pushing Hello to other browers: @MiCrOsOfT Well, as the title say, stop pushing your products everywhere it's REALLY annying. It may be your ecosystem, but everyone is using it ONLY and SIMPLY because you,re bying others compagny and cause you have a monopoly. STOP pushing hello, I couldn't stress it...
  5. Saving from Internet Browers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving from Internet Browers: I'm having trouble saving anything off of internet browers. This issue isn't limited to Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. It's all of them. Sometimes I can save something on the first try, other times the saving window freezes and I can't save anything. I have to exit out...
  6. Brower cookies and onedrive

in Browsers and Email
    Brower cookies and onedrive: One drive will not let me log in, message says my browser will not accept cookies. problem is all my browsers are NOT set to deny cookies, in Edge, Firefox. and Chrome. what can I do? 154420
  7. brower malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    brower malware: Im having some serious issue with my browsers chrome, mic. edge. Whenever i search somth in google its redirecting to bing with weird double loading. I contacted windows regarding potential viruses on my computer, they said i have to reset my windows. I did reset windows...
  8. Fix Edge brower

Fix Edge brower: How I get Mircosoft edge from crashing and freezing up when trying to use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/fix-edge-brower/a9c4f8bf-c6e4-4ce9-a9a3-24ba35333048
  9. Linking Edge Browers bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Linking Edge Browers bookmarks: Hey Guys, I have a desktop PC and laptop, both with Win10 install. I have saved all my bookmarks to my Edge browser on my PC. Is there a way I can sync my Edge browser on my laptop with the bookmarks from my pc. I know Google Chrome and Opera allow this feature but I...
  10. What is the default partition layout... a bit confused...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the default partition layout... a bit confused...: Hi there, I have just performed a clean install of Windows 10 from a bootable DVD, made from Media Creation Tool. Laptop with initial HP recovery stuff and OEM programs removed! During the installation I formatted only the primary partition C and now the laptop is running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. it seems as though i have 2 browers trying to control my computer when i open