Windows 10: Confused between installing win7 or win10

Discus and support Confused between installing win7 or win10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently bought a new SSD and installed windows 10 pro on it (which was provided by a friend in a USB) after installing it i noticed that my fan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rufuss09, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Confused between installing win7 or win10

So I recently bought a new SSD and installed windows 10 pro on it (which was provided by a friend in a USB) after installing it i noticed that my fan was making a lot of noise . I cleaned it up there was some dust etc on it ig but it is still making that noise which is annoying. I thought i shoulder switch back to windows 7 and look if its the OS issue or the one i installed from usb was twitched( i wasn't able to update the windows . It was stuck on some old version of Windows 10)

I have an ACER-ASPIRE V5 571P CORE i5-3317U @1.7GHz with 6gigs of RAM

submitted by /u/rufuss09
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rufuss09, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Scoobydu Win User

homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Hardships converting from Win7 to Win10

I recently upgraded a number of Win7 PCs to Win10 and found that all of them got activated without me purchasing a Win10 licence. I do not know if this is universal or just plain luck. You could do this to find out:

1. Use the free version of Macrium Reflect to create an image of your Win7 installation. Park the image file on an external USB disk.
    2. Run the upgrade via this link:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    3. Complete the pending updates.
    4. Check if Win10 is activated.
    5. If it is not, reverse the upgrade, using Macrium Reflect.

Frederik Long, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Confused between installing win7 or win10

Confused about Win7 to Win10 product keys - was unable to take the easy path

Hi folks

• I have a retail version of Win7 Pro. The Win7 key is still activated on a working OS on my SSD.
    • Not being able to upgrade in-place (see below for why) I have downloaded and built a Win10Pro OS from scratch on a new SSD which I have switched into the same PC so I can test the Win10 OS properly with my hardware and software. I am not using both OSes
      at once - the Win7 is offline while I try out the Win10.
    • I understand that MS have changed policy so that I could now use my Win7 Pro retail key to activate Win10 Pro

Q1: If I do that, and then find later I wanted to dump the Win10 Pro and go back to Win7 Pro with a clean install (of Win7 Pro), will my retail key still work for Win7 Pro?

Q2: If I have used my Win7 Pro retail key to activate my clean install of Win10 Pro, can I later transfer that key to a new build? (My motherboard is a good couple of years old now).

BACKGROUND INFO IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING:

I built my own PC system for my own use. My PC is for my work (self-employed) and is mission-critical for audio recording, design work etc. When the Win10 upgrade was offered I waited a bit until it looked like my essential software had been updated to work
    on Win10. Then I tried out the auto-upgrade. It never got further than telling me that 'the system partition could not be resized' and the in-place upgrade could not go ahead. To cut a long story short, because I have to keep working, I bought a new SSD drive,
    downloaded and made a USB clean installer for Win10 Pro and have built up my system (very time consuming) with all the software and stuff that I need on that new SSD. I have just started testing it in the real world today. During a recording session I had
    some issues with dropouts (never ever had these on Win7 -same hardware and software, latest drivers etc) so still need to try to track down gremlins etc. I am considering whether it's better to purchase a Win10 Pro key to give me the option to go back to Win7
    Pro with my current key, if the Win10 thing doesn't work out but I don't know if that's necessary. I'd like to have the free upgrade of course, ideally. I think I have 90 days for a Win10 trial but I'm not sure about that either...

Slowman_xxx, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Confused between installing win7 or win10

1. Confused between installing win7 or win10 - Similar Threads - Confused between installing

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. Comparing Win10 installation to Win7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Comparing Win10 installation to Win7?: Getting ready to clean install Win10 Pro 64-bit on a newly built desktop PC (with external USB DVD) using the downloaded ISO for the newest build. (I also have a purchased install disk and license, but not sure which build it is.) I've installed Win7 numerous times (on other...
  4. Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles: I have a desktop PC running Windows10 and an older laptop that is running Windows7. This is a home computer setup with full admin rights on both machines. I am trying to share folders between the machines over the home network. Both machines can see the other, but when I...
  5. Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...

Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...: With all the problems and controversy surrounding Build 1809 recently, and with so many different updates being released rather willy-nilly, and finally, with me recovering from a recent stroke and not having an overabundance of high-grade gray matter available to "suss it...
  6. Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...

in Windows 10 News
    Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...: With all the problems and controversy surrounding Build 1809 recently, and with so many different updates being released rather willy-nilly, and finally, with me recovering from a recent stroke and not having an overabundance of high-grade gray matter available to "suss it...
  7. How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?

How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?: Hello, i have 3 PC on my home network. 1 week ago i upgraded one of them from Win10 Pro (old version) to Win10 Pro (1803). PC1 - Win7 Pro PC2 - Win10 Pro (old) PC3 - Win10 Pro 1803 Before i did upgrade, these 3 PCs were connected with Home Group and sharing was working....
  8. Dual install - WIN10 and WIN7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual install - WIN10 and WIN7: I did a dual install with win10 and win7 - after installation of win10 went and ran win7 and nearly all my executable icons had a security shield on them. I wanted to keep my win7 install with all my stuff on - just me. *Wink Why did win10 do this and how do I remove them?...
  9. Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7

Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7: Hi I have three computers in my house that I want on a homegroup to share docs and printers. Two are on Windows 10 and one is on Windows 7. They are all on the same network. I'm having a devil of a time getting them to share stuff. Help!!!!! Thanks in advance. 66074
  10. In between Win10 and Factory Default Win7

In between Win10 and Factory Default Win7: I am in W7 because I became stuck after an unsuccessful restore from image. I know the error code, but I am unsure of why it failed. I am trying to get back to W10 and my head is exploding - as it is day 5. External HD works, but I can't find my backups (pst file from...