Windows 10: Confused - BT/AOL which?

Discus and support Confused - BT/AOL which? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Your help would be appreciated. I have a friend who moved earlier this year - up until that time her email address was L: [email protected]. As I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Skofab, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Skofab Win User

Confused - BT/AOL which?

Your help would be appreciated.
    I have a friend who moved earlier this year - up until that time her email address was L: [email protected].
    As I understand it, AOL was part of Talktalk at that stage.

She moved, and for whatever reason TT were unable to service her new home address.
    In response she then established an account with BT - who said it was possible to retain her aol email address - this she chose to do.

There is now a need to change her email password - (she still wishes to retain the aol email address) the question is
    1 - will the password need to be changed via the aol site
    2 - will the password need to be changed via the bt site

BT have supplied her with a BT hub - that has worked satisfactorily since the change.
    Regrettably someone has now managed to get into her address book and is sending out mail in her name. I realise that a password change is not the sole answer to her problem but it is a start.
    Thanks in advance for any info you can provide
    C

:)

Skofab, Jul 11, 2019

2. Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 11, 2019
  3. AOL will soon be free.

That reminds me of the time I told AOL tech support exactly what was wrong with AOL 9.0 (to be precise, the processes that allowed AOL to run operated like malware, and automatically restarted themselves). They didn't speak for like five minutes, and then said "thanks for reporting the problem...until then, please run AOL Spyware Protection to eliminate pesky start up services" *Wtf :wtf:. Oh yeah and according to my Mom, the reasons to run AOL are:
    • Parental controls (useless and easily bypassable).
    • Easiest E-mail interface (I can't argue with an opinion).
    • Security (If they aren't unneccessary, they are easily replaced by better performing freeware).

zekrahminator, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Confused - BT/AOL which?

AOL application compatibility on Windows 10.

Hi Merlina,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you currently using to access AOL?
    • Did you try downloading AOL app from Windows Store and check if you are facing similar issues?

Check if similar issue persists on accessing AOL on another browser. If the issue persists, I suggest you to download AOL app from Windows Store and check if it helps.

To download AOL app from Windows Store, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Store and select the top most search result.
    • Type AOL in the search box located at the top right corner of the screen and press
      Enter key on the keyboard.
    • Download the app and check if similar issue persists.

Refer to the link below on Windows 10 – AOL help:

Windows 10

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Confused - BT/AOL which?

1. Confused - BT/AOL which? - Similar Threads - Confused AOL

2. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  3. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  4. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  5. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  6. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  7. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  8. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused: Using my PC has become nearly impossible without first dealing with the issue of space required for OneDrive. This isn't a rant. I seriously need to learn how to continue to use the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system to manage my daily activities as I've done for many...
  10. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused: Using my PC has become nearly impossible without first dealing with the issue of space required for OneDrive. This isn't a rant. I seriously need to learn how to continue to use the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system to manage my daily activities as I've done for many...