Windows 10: Confused by dual search functions?

Discus and support Confused by dual search functions? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yes. You'll need a mic. Cortana is a digital assistant. She'll enter items in your calendar, find the nearest restaurant, call, text, or open an email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Tony K Win User

Confused by dual search functions?

Yes. You'll need a mic. Cortana is a digital assistant. She'll enter items in your calendar, find the nearest restaurant, call, text, or open an email to someone, etc. all with voice commands. There's a complimentary app to perform PC/device power commands. It's a great feature.

Tony K, Oct 7, 2014

2. Thanks for the information.
    Another question.
    If I get a mic will my system speakers work or will I need a head set?

Layback Bear, Oct 7, 2014
  3. Tony K Win User
    You're welcome. *Smile

I would think that it would work through the speakers or headphones. I use one or the other on my Lumia.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Confused by dual search functions?

1. Confused by dual search functions? - Similar Threads - Confused dual search

2. Confusing taskbar search icon

in Cortana
    Confusing taskbar search icon: Did Windows mistakenly replace Windows 11's search icon with Windows 10's? It's really not seamless with other icons. And is there a way to set the icon back to the original? like the icon of the search box...
  3. Confusing taskbar search icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing taskbar search icon: Did Windows mistakenly replace Windows 11's search icon with Windows 10's? It's really not seamless with other icons. And is there a way to set the icon back to the original? like the icon of the search box...
  4. Confusing taskbar search icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Navigating search functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  6. Navigating search functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  7. Windows search not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not functioning: Is it only me or others are also having problems. my windows search is not working when i type in some app name...even fully it's only showing files but not apps...can someone please help me with this? Thanks.... I'm a windows insider...btw...up to date... updated. submitted...
  8. Search function in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Win10: Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see...
  9. Confused about Windows 10 Reset Function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused about Windows 10 Reset Function: I'm confused about the Windows 10 reset function and need some enlightenment. Today, I decided to do a Windows 10 reset and wipe out my existing HD of all of the old apps, files, etc. (I have it all backed up with Acronis backup). I thought the correct procedure was to...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935