Windows 10: Confused computer

Discus and support Confused computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Make a file ending in .pub open in Microsoft PUBLISHER, not to Adobe Acrobat that ends in .pdf.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NADINE P. DOWER, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Confused computer

Make a file ending in .pub open in Microsoft PUBLISHER, not to Adobe Acrobat that ends in .pdf.

:)

NADINE P. DOWER, Sep 24, 2018

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Confused computer

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Confused computer

1. Confused computer - Similar Threads - Confused computer

2. My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi: One day seemingly randomly my internet would not connect to Wi-Fi or my ethernet. I use ethernet to connect to the internet my computer has never had an issue like this before but it would show the icon that I have no internet like the one pictured in the ss I sent, I had...
  3. My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi: One day seemingly randomly my internet would not connect to Wi-Fi or my ethernet. I use ethernet to connect to the internet my computer has never had an issue like this before but it would show the icon that I have no internet like the one pictured in the ss I sent, I had...
  4. Computer gets confused when swapping archive drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer gets confused when swapping archive drives: We archive a lot of imagery data we're a mapping shop on hard drives. We commonly make two copies of each archive dataset. We've always named the drives PA1 project archive 1 and PA2. I use a 4 bay box so I can swap drives, copy and restore data. Windows seems to get confused...
  5. Computer gets confused when swapping archive drives

Computer gets confused when swapping archive drives: We archive a lot of imagery data we're a mapping shop on hard drives. We commonly make two copies of each archive dataset. We've always named the drives PA1 project archive 1 and PA2. I use a 4 bay box so I can swap drives, copy and restore data. Windows seems to get confused...
  6. Computer gets confused when swapping archive drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Computer Name is confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Name is confusing: I'm using Windows 10 64bit ProfessionalTwo days ago, a chat rep from Microsoft accessed my computer, Quick Assist, to help me out with a problem. He was helping me with the "Remote Desktop connection. Not only did the fix not work, but I ended up with some peculiar results...
  8. Computer Name is confusing

Computer Name is confusing: I'm using Windows 10 64bit ProfessionalTwo days ago, a chat rep from Microsoft accessed my computer, Quick Assist, to help me out with a problem. He was helping me with the "Remote Desktop connection. Not only did the fix not work, but I ended up with some peculiar results...
  9. Computer Name is confusing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. used computer, confused permissions

used computer, confused permissions: To much of my dismay, I have found that the windows.old file was from the last person who had this computer. After having this problem and following these instructions...