Windows 10: Confused family accounts

Discus and support Confused family accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I set up family accounts for me and my sons. I created also their profiles on my PC. But I am stuck in one point. When I am logged into my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MatousPavlik, May 11, 2020.

1. Confused family accounts

Hello,

I set up family accounts for me and my sons. I created also their profiles on my PC. But I am stuck in one point. When I am logged into my account and I am purchasing something I buy it through my sons account and the weird thing is that Microsoft is asking me for PIN before purchase we are using PINs to log in to our accounts and my PIN works to purchase through my sons account. I would like to change it, but I have no idea how. I checked Microsoft store, Xbox, Microsoft account, everywhere my account is logged in, how it is possible to buy through sons account?

Thanky you for your help.

:)

MatousPavlik, May 11, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 11, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, May 11, 2020
  4. Confused family accounts

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Confused family accounts

1. Confused family accounts - Similar Threads - Confused family accounts

2. Account Confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account Confusion: I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I apparently have, other than this 365 one.I enter the email address of the personal account and am shown a message stating...
  3. Account Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Confusion: I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I apparently have, other than this 365 one.I enter the email address of the personal account and am shown a message stating...
  4. Account Confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft account confusion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    microsoft account confusion: when i got my pc my brothers friend sighed they're microsoft account on it and i didnt know that is they're a way to not lose my data on my computer i'm confused someone please help...
  6. User accounts confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User accounts confusion: No idea where else to post this... Several years ago I bought my current system from eBay, and it arrived with a user account set up call it "BLUE1" that I was unaware of, as I went through my own personalization, creating a user account, etc. Soon I realized there were...
  7. Account confusion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Account confusion: So I tried buying Microsoft Windows 10 addition on the same account I have on my Xbox. The purchase went through however when I go to download it routes me to the Microsoft store which is logged in under a different account and says I have to but the game, which I already...
  8. Microsoft Accounts confusion and Outlook confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Accounts confusion and Outlook confusion: A Account confusion: I had to re-install Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 for the third time as for various reasons my new PC had to be reset to factory settings twice. Having a MS account using my e-mail address call it here #1 at the 3rd install was not accepted. Trying #2...
  9. Microsoft family reporting is confusing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family reporting is confusing: The activity reports that I receive about my daughter's use of the computer are confusing. The overall screen time reported is far larger than the sum of the time spent on each reported application. Furthermore, there are no reports about websites visited even though she does...
  10. Microsoft Account Confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Confusion: When I first setup my PC I used my MS account to login. The account name was an email address from cox.net. However shortly thereafter I changed to a local account. A few months ago I changed the account name to a Gmail address in anticipation of changing my internet provider...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc repair cox.net loc:US