Windows 10: Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

Discus and support Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this[ATTACH] how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ? I am also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Uday Kiran Padhy, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows 331d4380-e001-4a85-b3ff-b4ead803e4c9?upload=true.png

how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ?

I am also using Intel Optane Memory which looks like this

Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows 961823cd-cb22-4e94-b2d8-693737e047ec?upload=true.png

As you can see i have one SSD and one HDD how can know where is Windows installed?

And how can i see another drive for SSD in "This PC" drives ??

:)

Uday Kiran Padhy, Jan 29, 2021

2. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Confused about hard drives: HDD and SSD

Browsing through the Microsoft Store for a new pc, I see various hard drives listed, such as:

16GB eMMC

32GB eMMC

500GB 5400 RPM HDD

2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz

32GB SSD [?]

64GB SSD

I understand that solid state drives are good, though expensive. What I don't understand is what size of an SSD would be the equivalent of, say, a terabyte HD? It seems that 64GB is the largest SSD offered here. What size HDD would equal that capacity?

And, BTW, what is an eMMC?

Grandpa Jim, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

1. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows - Similar Threads - Confused SSD HDD

2. New windows installation not showing hdd/ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows installation not showing hdd/ssd: I am trying to install windows 11 onto my brand new computer except my power went out while we were installing it and now whenever i try to load it up it doesnt show any of my hdd/ssd’...
  3. Installing Windows on new SSD - confused

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows on new SSD - confused: Hi, I feel stupid for having to ask this, but here goes... My PC is about 4 years old and didn't come with any Windows installation discs; it was pre-installed. More recently, I have become used to using SSDs on pretty much everything else, so I would like to switch from my...
  4. Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was...: I assume it has something to do with a partition on the HDD. Disk Manager does not allow me to delete 2 relatively small partitions, including one labeled "Recovery" and one labeled "EFI System Partition." I assume W10 is detecting the recovery partition and is giving me the...
  5. HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD: Hello There, I have purchased a laptop Model: 81DE(Lenovo Ideapad330-15IKB U) with preinstalled genuine windows in it activated by digital lisense. Now I have installed SSD drive and want to install Windows 10 into the SSD drive, How to install windows 10 into that drive??...
  6. Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD: I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should start. Recently I...
  7. Confusing partitions on HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confusing partitions on HDD: I have 2 HP laptops running Windows 10. The nice thing about having two is the ability to compare them when something looks a little off or suspicious.One of my laptops had a terrible time with upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 (Computer A). The other was very smooth (Computer...
  8. Confusing partitions on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Confusing partitions on HDD: I have 2 HP laptops running Windows 10. The nice thing about having two is the ability to compare them when something looks a little off or suspicious.One of my laptops had a terrible time with upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 (Computer A). The other was very smooth (Computer...
  9. Confused with booting operations (HDD+SSD)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused with booting operations (HDD+SSD): So tech people.I am confused.You see first of all in most settings in my UEFI my SSD is recognized except one in Storeage Configuration if I remember correctly.Anywho ive done some settings here and there and when i boot it asks me if i want it to be from HDD or SSD. I Boot...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...