Windows 10: Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

Discus and support Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, First time posting so forgive me if I don't give all the necessary info. ----------------Problem:----------------Basically, the nutshell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Chris Cranston, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

Hi Everyone, First time posting so forgive me if I don't give all the necessary info. ----------------Problem:----------------Basically, the nutshell of the problem is the computer goes to "sleep" when it is not plugged into power, it's not immediate but usually happens within 1-5 minutes. After this has occurred the computer won't turn back on unless it's connected to power. The interesting thing, and the reason I'm 99% sure it's a windows issue and not a hardware issue, if I go into device manager and uninstall the ACPI battery driver while still plugged in then unplug the power, it'll run

:)

Chris Cranston, Oct 15, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 15, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

1. Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if... - Similar Threads - Confusing battery issues

2. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  3. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  4. Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...: Hi Everyone, First time posting so forgive me if I don't give all the necessary info. ----------------Problem:----------------Basically, the nutshell of the problem is the computer goes to "sleep" when it is not plugged into power, it's not immediate but usually happens...
  5. Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing battery issues windows 10 --- Computer sleeps immediately while on battery if...: Hi Everyone, First time posting so forgive me if I don't give all the necessary info. ----------------Problem:----------------Basically, the nutshell of the problem is the computer goes to "sleep" when it is not plugged into power, it's not immediate but usually happens...
  6. Battery drains immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery drains immediately: For some reason, my battery is dying very quickly. I don’t mean it drains faster than usual, It drains almost immediatly after i take it off tge charger. When I unplugged it, it was 69%. A few seconds later, the computer is locking up. When I turn it back on, the battery...
  7. Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Issue: Recently my laptop started shutting down at 35%.I performed HP battery check up .After that I performed battery calibration after HP experts told me to do so. Again check did HP battery check up. Should i think that my battery age has increased somewhat ? What else does...
  8. Battery Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Issue: my laptop's battery timings reduced after installing latest version of windows 10. Is window 10 consumes more battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-issue/aba383bb-3cc0-4366-9127-e47b325a4fb8
  9. Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode: Yesterday I placed my new SB with Performance Base (i7/1TB) in sleep mode for the first time, before it was always plugged, and noticed and excessive battery consumption, at the level of 10-20% per hour, with no applications running, no wifi and no notifications. Then I found...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...