Windows 10: Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10

Discus and support Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi.. I Need advice about the partition after i upgrade from win 7 to win 10. i have some issue : 1. there is a disk "System ReservedH" in my drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AldriansyahPutra, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10

hi.. I Need advice about the partition after i upgrade from win 7 to win 10. i have some issue :

1. there is a disk "System ReservedH" in my drives list, i cant delete it because it used for boot the pc. I search info that i can hide it with remove the drive letter. is it okey?

2. i see more 2 partitions in disk 0 as you can see in image below, it take space of the disk, any of the partition that i can remove?

thank you in advance

aldrian

Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10 9e674053-a281-408b-b20b-6f3b57288648?upload=true.jpg Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10 8d769c3f-960b-4286-a899-c92441feb1dd?upload=true.jpg

:)

AldriansyahPutra, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Jererermy Win User

Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 Puzzle

Ok, so here is my problem.

I currently have my 1.5 TB hdd partitioned in half. The first half is blank, and the second half has Windows 7 installed and activated. Unfortunately, I learned that I cannot combine the 2 partitions back together to diminish the partition split and maximize
    my hdd space like intended because I am only able to increase the first partition or shrink the 2nd.

So my problem is that I would like to upgrade from my Windows 7 to Windows 10 (which I am fairly confident in how to do it) but I need to use the free upgrade available to me to install Windows 10 to the 1st partition and not the 2nd one.

I created a USB bootable Windows 10 using the Windows 10 setup tool, but it gives me the following warning:

• If you are going to install Win 10 on your PC clean for the first time, you'll need a Win 10 product key.
    • If you are going to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, you won't need to enter a product key.
    The problem is that I need to sort of do both. I want to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 but on the 1st partition instead of the 2nd one that currently has Windows 7.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for me?!

Jererermy, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Win 7 sys. recovery partition

Ok everytime I install an OS I reformat the hdd and delete all partitions. When Win 7 is fully installed it creates it's own "system recovery" partition. But this time it didn't*Confused Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10 :confused: I know how to create partitions, so can I create one for the recovery and will the os recognize it as a recovery partition?

t77snapshot, Feb 15, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10

1. Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10 - Similar Threads - Confusing partition upgrade

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. Unable to login to Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7: I had a Win 7 Dell Laptop . I wanted to upgrade it to Win 10. In the laptop, updated all the drivers & all the latest Windows Updates available to date. Downloaded Win 10 Media creation tool & selected "Upgrade this PC". After complete upgradation I was using it in Win 10...
  4. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  5. WIn 10 upgrade from 7 ultimate, partition error ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIn 10 upgrade from 7 ultimate, partition error ??: Just tried upgrading from the microsoft download page yet get the following error... "This PC can't run windows 10 - We couldn't update the system reserved partition" Around 96gb free on the m2 ssd, what's the score here ?. Used Macrium Reflect (uninstalled) to copy this...
  6. AFTER UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10--TOTAL DISFUNCTION

AFTER UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10--TOTAL DISFUNCTION: Hello Community: Today I upgraded my HP Desktop circa 2011 from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. I used the Microsoft Media Creation tool. My PC totally met the qualifications, had a valid license etc. I followed the instructions to the letter. At the end of the update, everything...
  7. Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: When I check activation it shows "Unable to reach Windows activation servers". I have wireless connection thru router, in fact I logged into this forum and entered this post on laptop with the problem (#1 system info in profile). Any ideas? 141839
  8. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  9. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  10. No network connectivity after upgrade to win 10 from win 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network connectivity after upgrade to win 10 from win 7: I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 now the machine refuses to show the network adapters! Both adapters show in the device manager as running OK. I have tried to reinstall the drivers - win 10 says the latest driver is installed. I tried removing the adapters by...