Windows 10: Confusing SSD Health Readings

Discus and support Confusing SSD Health Readings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I bought an ADATA XPG Spectrix S40G 256GB SSD a while back 5 months ago or so and about 2 weeks ago my PC started freaking out after moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Althalos, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Althalos Win User

Confusing SSD Health Readings

Hello,

I bought an ADATA XPG Spectrix S40G 256GB SSD a while back 5 months ago or so and about 2 weeks ago my PC started freaking out after moving it to another case, after long troubleshooting I concluded that it was due to the power supply but during that time I saw that my SSD health on HDD Sentinel was 0% so I moved windows to another drive thinking that was the issue but now after discovering that it was actually the power supply to blame for all my crashing issues I went back and downloaded CrystalDiskInfo and it contradicts what HDD Sentinel is saying, I'm confused and I need help, the SSD isn't old so i'm now not sure which one to trust, I would love to know with absolute certainty but i'm not sure how to check, I did several speed tests in a row and the results were the same without any issues.

Here is the picture from the two applications, i'd love the help, thank you!

Confusing SSD Health Readings [​IMG]

:)

Althalos, Mar 5, 2020

2. How to check M.2 SSD Health ?

Hi friends,

I have a problem while checking my SSD Health. The application like SSD-Life can't recognize my M.2 SSD. My Notebook is HP Spectre 13.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Confusing SSD Health Readings e868cfa5-70cc-40a6-b769-c76b6e56f322.png

VincentAlim, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

We appreciate your time responding back to us. At this point, we would suggest that you access the built-in Administrator account to and check if you would be able to perform a Health Check from it. Here are the steps on how to enable the built-in Administrator
    Account:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:yes and hit
      Enter

After completing these steps, you should see a message that you've done the command completed successfully. Sign out from your current user profile and you'll see the Administrator account as one of the choices.

Let us know if you would be able to perform a system health check on your account and we'll assist you with the next steps needed.

Once you're successful with performing a health check on the Administrator account, we would suggest that you disable it from your personal user profile by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

Jaune Bel, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Linda.y Win User

Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

Thanks Jaune . I performed the first 3 steps in my built-in administrator account & did get the Health Report back for this account. However I did not perform the second set of 3steps as I do not understand it & have fear that it would remove the newly
    emerged Health Report. I tried perform the first 3 steps on my second administrator account which did bring the Health Report, on finding later that Health Report is no longer available on my built-in admin. account

Despite this, this is the best advice so far as all other answers like performing a clean boot, starting in a safe mode did not work for me at all.

Jaune, will you please help me further to fix the "add new user account" problem. None of the admin account will respond to my click on add account. I want to remove the second admin account where no Health report is available, hopefully to have the issue
    fixed when I add it back on. Is there a maximum no. of user accounts in the laptop? I want to see that I can add to replace user account removed due to problematic performance

Linda.y, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Confusing SSD Health Readings - Similar Threads - Confusing SSD Health

2. Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD: Hello I Want To Ask,Is There A Way To Read An Unknown, Not Initialized SSD? I Have Tried On The Disk Management To Initialized The SSD To Any MBR & GPT, But It Didn't Work. I Have Tried To With The CHKDSK Command, But It Didn't Work Eather.I Even Search On The Internet On...
  3. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows: I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this[ATTACH] how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ? I am also using Intel Optane Memory which looks like this [ATTACH] As you can see i have one SSD and one HDD how can know where is...
  4. Installing Windows on new SSD - confused

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows on new SSD - confused: Hi, I feel stupid for having to ask this, but here goes... My PC is about 4 years old and didn't come with any Windows installation discs; it was pre-installed. More recently, I have become used to using SSDs on pretty much everything else, so I would like to switch from my...
  5. SSD read speed for games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD read speed for games?: I just brought a Samsung 869 EVO to run some games off. The particularly game I playing on reaches a peak of around 250 MB/s read speed while the drive is capable of 570 MB/s. Wouldn't my game be loading faster if it was utilizing the maximum read speed of the SSD? 129744
  6. Migrating Windows 10 to SSD Confusion.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating Windows 10 to SSD Confusion.: Hi, I have an SSD and I have been researching on how to migrate my OS from my HDD to my SSD and different websites tell me different things. One says to use EaseUS to migrate my OS and files, others say use Macrium Reflect, also some say to to a System Image. Which one is the...
  7. Confused over SSD types

Confused over SSD types: I have a Hynix H5512gd9NG-62A0A BB SSD inserted into my main laptop and I want to replace it with a new drive but am unsure of what configuration SSD I should get. The original one looks like the one in the pic - a Samsung EVO M2 is this a standard fitting for this type of...
  8. SSD read write concern

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD read write concern: I have a 512gb ssd from Samsung. I sometimes record with FBX game recorder. But then the recordings dont meet my standards and i delete the files. Does this do read writes to my ssd? Will this damage my ssd? the files are a bit big, like 500mb-2gb sometimes. 115631
  9. Confused with booting operations (HDD+SSD)

Confused with booting operations (HDD+SSD): So tech people.I am confused.You see first of all in most settings in my UEFI my SSD is recognized except one in Storeage Configuration if I remember correctly.Anywho ive done some settings here and there and when i boot it asks me if i want it to be from HDD or SSD. I Boot...
  10. (GPT) SSD to SSD cloning & Confused about alignment etc..

in Windows 10 Support
    (GPT) SSD to SSD cloning & Confused about alignment etc..: Hi, so I've recieved a shipment of several SSD's for different uses, one of which was to upgrade 2 Laptops (and changing out my desktops 250GB to a 500GB SSD) The first laptop was getting a 250GB SSD, I used a cloning kit that I've used before with success, (EZ GIG IV from...