Windows 10: Confusing trojan detection/possible false positive? Trojan:Script/Foretype.a!ml

Discus and support Confusing trojan detection/possible false positive? Trojan:Script/Foretype.a!ml in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I send this as I've just come back to my computer tonight to find that Windows Defender just finished a scan, detecting one threat on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AliceTengu, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Confusing trojan detection/possible false positive? Trojan:Script/Foretype.a!ml

Hello,

I send this as I've just come back to my computer tonight to find that Windows Defender just finished a scan, detecting one threat on my computer, a Trojan labelled as I describe in the subject. The details provided on the scan states that it can initiate commands from an attacker. What I find strange is that the detection was on a zip file I've had an extracted version of on my PC for a while now, downloaded from a place I'm pretty sure I trust, Its a well-known fangame, Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch. I assume that if there were similar issues from anyone who downloaded this game, I'd have heard about it by now. that, on scanning, did not turn up the same thing. Two questions occur: Why is it specifically that file, and if I've had this infected file on my PC for about a month now, why is it only being detected now? A part of me is wondering if this could be a false positive, but I don't want to assume anything and leave a possibly severe issue unresolved.

Thanks,

- Alice

:)

AliceTengu, Dec 26, 2020

2. database of malware producing false positives or false negatives

Many months ago I communicated with Malwarebytes about a trojan that was detected by Defender that was not detected by Malwarebytes. They indicated that Microsoft Defender is likely a false positive and to wait weeks or months for Microsoft to update their
    database. To date the Defender continues to detect a trojan that is not detected by Malwarebytes.

Defender does not detect any malware on quick scans. However on full scans it detects this trojan that is not detected by Malwarebytes.

How does an end user determine whether one antivirus program is producing false positives or false negatives?

questions_, Dec 26, 2020
  3. JDLinn Win User
    False Positive - Rundas!plick Trojan

We have a small "exe" that we use extensively at "Return to Misty Moorings" This is for our "Season Switcher". When the program is run, the software is quarantined as a Rundas!plick Trojan. There is no Trojan or any other problem with this software, Malwarebytes
    and Spybot both show it does not have a problem. But every time our users try it with Defender, it is "quarantined". This is giving our site and our efforts for our fans a bad name from Microsoft's false positive. The program can be found at:

Return to Misty Moorings - NOTAMS

The "solution" from the Microsoft "help" chat was to "Turn off Windows Defender". That we can do and I can tell my thousands of followers on the site that this is Microsoft's suggestion (not a very good marketing idea). We need someone on the Defenders
    team to get our software "CLEARED" so this does not keep showing up as a Rundas!plick Trojan.

Please tell us who to contact or what needs to be done next.

Doug Linn/RTMM

JDLinn, Dec 26, 2020
  4. TK42 Win User

Confusing trojan detection/possible false positive? Trojan:Script/Foretype.a!ml

Sandboxie 5.28 - Trojan or False Positive - Inquiry

Hello Andre:

I have not installed Sandboxie 5.28 on my computer. Just want to check it out for malware before installing.

Did other scans on Sandboxie using other online scanners. No malware detections. Still I am suspicious.

I had a similar experience with another program, only 1 false positive so I installed it. Later on I did a virus scan with Fix Me Stick, & sure enough it was a Trojan. Don't want to make the same mistake again.

Thema:

Confusing trojan detection/possible false positive? Trojan:Script/Foretype.a!ml

1. Confusing trojan detection/possible false positive? Trojan:Script/Foretype.a!ml - Similar Threads - Confusing trojan detection

2. wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?: Hello,I have had a false positive with this file for a few days now.https://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldguard/23827KB2310138 - 1.409.145.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wacatachml-trojan-false-positive/a6508c5b-4ebd-4624-8bb2-235ccd89ebf5
  3. wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?: Hello,I have had a false positive with this file for a few days now.https://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldguard/23827KB2310138 - 1.409.145.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wacatachml-trojan-false-positive/a6508c5b-4ebd-4624-8bb2-235ccd89ebf5
  4. Trojan Malware possible false positive help please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Malware possible false positive help please: So recently I received a windows threat protection notice for a severe level Trojan:Win32/Malgent. It says it was "blocked", and I removed it the second I got the notification, so the files it said were affected are no longer on my pc windows 10. I did extensive research on...
  5. Trojan Malware possible false positive help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Malware possible false positive help please: So recently I received a windows threat protection notice for a severe level Trojan:Win32/Malgent. It says it was "blocked", and I removed it the second I got the notification, so the files it said were affected are no longer on my pc windows 10. I did extensive research on...
  6. Trojan Malware possible false positive help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Trojan script/conteban.a!ml

Trojan script/conteban.a!ml: Just today I got an alert that a "Trojan script/conteban.a!ml" was detected by Windows Defender. This is my first time dealing with a virus and I did my best research on the virus and found unconclusive results. Windows Defender gave me the option to restore or remove the...
  8. Trojan Foretype detected and removed; what next?

Trojan Foretype detected and removed; what next?: Earlier today, Windows Defender detected a Trojan called ForetypeA ML. Windows Defender detected the affected file, which was a .tmp file in the Downloads folder, and says it has removed it. I conducted a full scan, an offline scan, and a Windows Safety Scanner scan to be...
  9. Trojan script/conteban.a!ml detected.

Trojan script/conteban.a!ml detected.: So, i had a file from my game cyberpunk2077, i made it zip and then windows defender said, it is a virus. I am really frightened, i made it quarantanne and this file just disappear from deskop. Is it false positive? I visited a website and there was wrote that it is an error...
  10. False Positive for Trojan Virus

False Positive for Trojan Virus: Can anyone tell me how and where i can submit my website to be re-looked at? Microsoft Defender is blocking my website that was hacked in the past but i have since addressed all those problems and I guess Microsoft Defender is going off of the old information. I need to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trojan:script/ulthar.a!ml false positive