Windows 10: confusion about network

Discus and support confusion about network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Looking into Network and Sharing Centre I see two networks: - Network 2, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet -Unidentified network, Access type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PiKo, Mar 28, 2020.

1. PiKo Win User

confusion about network

Looking into Network and Sharing Centre I see two networks:
    - Network 2, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet
    -Unidentified network, Access type Internet, Connections Ethernet
    There is one network adapter (Realtek) which contains both names (Network 2, Unidentified network).
    I have no problems with internet access or sharing. But there is some problem with setting up a vpn.
    Therefore my question: is it normal to have these two networks on one adapter?
    How to remove the unidentified network?
    W10 Pro 64 bit v1909

:)

2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

confusion about network

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

confusion about network

1. confusion about network - Similar Threads - confusion network

2. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  3. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  4. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Very Confusing Network Problem with three laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Confusing Network Problem with three laptops: Hello Everyone. I have an interesting Issue. I have three laptops on a home Network. They are all attached wirelessly to my Router which is a NetGear Genie C3700-100NAS. Computer A HP 17z-ca100 Computer B HP 15-bw0xx Computer C HP 15-bw0xx All are on Windows 10 Ok,...
  6. Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN

Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN: I have an HP computer which from time to time displays a no internet connection icon even though there is actually an active connection. This only happens when OpenVPN is running and connected. Disconnecting the OpenVPN may suddenly change the network status icon back to...
  7. Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.

Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.: Hi, Sorry for complicated title but both problems are related to the same thing : I want to share my W10 laptop's VPN connection with my TV. My platform is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, on an HP Probook 455 G3. Network WiFi card is Realtek 8723 BE 802.11 bgn. First of...
  8. Rebuild of PC but networking is really confusing; 1 PC and 2 Laptops.

Rebuild of PC but networking is really confusing; 1 PC and 2 Laptops.: I am rebuilding my PC after a disaster with my C drive, with a new Win 10 64 install. I have this PC and two laptops that previously could communicate and share a specific file and I am trying but failing to do this again. I have printed out the Tutorial on 'Sharing files and...
  9. Network Has Got Itself Very Confused

Network Has Got Itself Very Confused: I started digging into these issues because I can't access my Lacie Cloudbox NAS from my computer. It used to work until some (forgotten) change was made to my machine. It still works on my wife's computer. The basic problem is that my Genie Timeline backup software can't...
  10. Network USER confusion.

Network USER confusion.: Recently reinstalled a FRESH W10-64 OS (factory restore). I somehow ended up with a user named: jboot I do not recall specifying that as a user name. The W10 LOGIN screen says Waco John. Before the reinstall of W10 the folder shown below (jboot) was named owner. [img]...