Windows 10: Confusion after reinstall

Discus and support Confusion after reinstall in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, Technophobe here - explain simply and patiently please!My fairly old laptop recently tried to install Windows 11 I hadn't knowingly requested this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rachel365, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Rachel365 Win User

Confusion after reinstall

Hi, Technophobe here - explain simply and patiently please!My fairly old laptop recently tried to install Windows 11 I hadn't knowingly requested this but wonder if it happened when I selected "install updates and shut down" then crashed then wouldn't turn back on. My local computer store fixed it and reinstalled Windows 10 but I am left with these questions:1. Does this mean I can never select "shut down and update" again? Is there way of ensuring I receive updates to Windows 10 without unwittingly permitting Windows 11? or will there simply be no updates to Windows 10 now that 11 is out

:)

Rachel365, Nov 27, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Confusion after reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 27, 2021
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Confusion after reinstall

User Account Confusions

Certainly am ! First to uninstall Malwarebytes and disable Secure Boot. Then I am good to go.

Left starting until I could get a clear run,

DOWNLOADING ISO
    I am confused by the Download Menus which suggest downloading twice which is fine but in
    between seems to suggest downloading and UPDATING Windows 10. I seem to remember being warned at some stage updating Windows could cause confusion. Should I ignore this Dialogue - menu - step and proceed straight to downloading from the Microsoft site ?

Also I need the mouse to work efficiently is it ok
    a) to leave it in and/or
    b) to remove it an put it back during the Repair install ?

The touch pad is unreliable and only seems to work intermittently,

PostmanPuzzled, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Confusion after reinstall

1. Confusion after reinstall - Similar Threads - Confusion reinstall

2. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  3. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  4. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  5. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  6. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  7. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  8. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Confusion after reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Confusion after reinstall: Hi, Technophobe here - explain simply and patiently please!My fairly old laptop recently tried to install Windows 11 I hadn't knowingly requested this but wonder if it happened when I selected "install updates and shut down" then crashed then wouldn't turn back on. My local...
  10. Confusion after reinstall

Confusion after reinstall: Hi, Technophobe here - explain simply and patiently please!My fairly old laptop recently tried to install Windows 11 I hadn't knowingly requested this but wonder if it happened when I selected "install updates and shut down" then crashed then wouldn't turn back on. My local...