Windows 10: Confusion between retail and oem boxes.

Discus and support Confusion between retail and oem boxes. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When buying physical box of the Windows 10, how do you tell if it's Retail or OEM version? Is there a code or wording I should watch out for? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MC_85, Sep 28, 2020.

1. MC_85 Win User

Confusion between retail and oem boxes.

When buying physical box of the Windows 10, how do you tell if it's Retail or OEM version? Is there a code or wording I should watch out for? I have seen image of the packaging online but there's no OEM or Retail labeling on the box. I can only check the version via cmd which defeats the purpose.

:)

MC_85, Sep 28, 2020

2. OEM Vs. Retail CPU's

1. Packaging and accessories: The heatsink and fan aren't included in OEM CPU's, so you'd have to buy a separate one. Also, it's most likely you don't get a box with it.
    2. Price: OEM CPU's are cheaper than the retail ones.
    3. Warranty length: The OEM CPU that you listed only has a 30 day warranty. The retail one has a 3 year warranty, but unless you're a hardcore overclocker, that won't matter.

scaminatrix, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Law-II Win User
    i7 4770k OEM

Hi

All retail CPU are boxed
    OEM CPU are sold in trays

Edit: Part Number BXF80646I74770K may be listed as an "Original OEM" [Boxed] use CWID - here to double check part installed in PC

Note: to be 100% sure purchase the retail box with fan

+1 puma99dk|

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Confusion between retail and oem boxes.

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Confusion between retail and oem boxes.

1. Confusion between retail and oem boxes. - Similar Threads - Confusion between retail

2. what is the different between OEM and Retail?.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the different between OEM and Retail?.: what is the different between OEM and Retail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-different-between-oem-and-retail/15e18380-de04-4617-94f6-97ff49adec5d
  3. what is the different between OEM and Retail?.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the different between OEM and Retail?.: what is the different between OEM and Retail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-different-between-oem-and-retail/15e18380-de04-4617-94f6-97ff49adec5d
  4. what is the different between OEM and Retail?.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows - Retail or OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows - Retail or OEM: Hi! I got a 6 year old computer from one company. Windows has been removed from it, so I should buy new Windows and install them. Which version should I buy - OEM or Retail. Someone tells me: To be legal you need to buy Retail. Why OEM is not legal in this case?...
  6. OEM to Retail

OEM to Retail: I have OEM version of Windows 10 Home activated in my pc. Now I want to activate my Windows retail key with the same PC, Motherboard and everything [nothing's changed]. Is it possible?...
  7. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  8. Oem to retail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem to retail: My friend has an old pre-built with an oem windows 10 licence, and based on the internet, it’s a 50-50 shot when upgrading hardware. Is it possible to get a retail windows 10 home from Microsoft and use that to activate windows 10 from oem to retail, then upgrade his...
  9. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  10. oem to retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    oem to retail: I recently bought a windows 10 oem version and had meant to buy a retail version, the license has not been activated or used at all, is it possible to pay some extra to upgrade to a retail version?...