Windows 10: Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers

Discus and support Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My reasonably new Intel NUC seems to offer a choice of key system drivers. It lists "AMD high definition audio device" and "Realtek High Definition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kupuna, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Kupuna Win User

Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers

My reasonably new Intel NUC seems to offer a choice of key system drivers. It lists "AMD high definition audio device" and "Realtek High Definition Audio". I thought Bluetooth was handled in my Archer A7 router, but I also see "Intel Bluetooth Wireless" listed on my NUC drivers and there is a Broadcomm driver in my Win 10 So I have audio and Bluetooth services, but should I be using Intel or Broadcomm or Realtek or AMD? Does it matter which driver handles these services? Do I have any significant choice? Everything I need is working, but it bothers me that I don't understand how to manage these apparently duplicated services. Can you help me understand the concepts? Windows V21H1 Build 19043-1083

:)

Kupuna, Jul 12, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 12, 2021
  3. multiple audio drivers causing sound problem

Hi Shahriar,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; uninstall a driver, might lead to device/features not work properly.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers - Similar Threads - Confusion Multiple Sound

2. Confusion Over Pictures Folder Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusion Over Pictures Folder Locations: I had to do a clean install of Windows 11 due to some issues. Luckily, I had things like my Pictures & Documents folders moved to a seperate physical D drive. In file Explorer I am confused about the location of my Pictures, etc., but will use the Pictures folder as the...
  3. Confusion Over Pictures Folder Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusion Over Pictures Folder Locations: I had to do a clean install of Windows 11 due to some issues. Luckily, I had things like my Pictures & Documents folders moved to a seperate physical D drive. In file Explorer I am confused about the location of my Pictures, etc., but will use the Pictures folder as the...
  4. Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds: I have a PC with 2 monitors, and I am using a different picture for each display. Every so often the background from my secondary display also gets applied to my main display been having this issue for years with little change. Is there a fix for this?...
  5. My computer seems to get confused of the sound drivers to use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer seems to get confused of the sound drivers to use: Everytime I open an application, my computer buzzes like when you get a fatal error (ZZZZZZZ) and then no sound would be coming from THAT certain application but when I minimize it and try to watch youtube or something it would have . However, when I manually select the...
  6. Confused over SSD types

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused over SSD types: I have a Hynix H5512gd9NG-62A0A BB SSD inserted into my main laptop and I want to replace it with a new drive but am unsure of what configuration SSD I should get. The original one looks like the one in the pic - a Samsung EVO M2 is this a standard fitting for this type of...
  7. Confusing multiple google files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing multiple google files: Opening 'startup', I see Google Chrome is active, but looks like this: Google Chrome(4) Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome So, when I open the file location, it only shows 1 google file. It seems, based on my limited knowledge, that there are 5 Google...
  8. confusion over activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    confusion over activation: Hello, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. I made the ISO and did a fresh install about a week later. Microsoft activated the Fresh Install without issue. My Hard Drive crashed. I am installing a new hard drive and wish to do a fresh install. Will this activate, or...
  9. Confusion over Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confusion over Bitlocker: My Surface Pro 4 (Win10 X64 Vrs 1703) is confused about Bitlocker Disk Management indicates that the C: drive is "236.38 GB NTFS (BitLocker Encrypted)" But Control Panel>System and Security>Bitlocker Drive encryption says "Local Disk (C*Smile Bitlocker waiting for...
  10. 4K Monitors - confused over specs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4K Monitors - confused over specs: Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 monitors, and why the price is almost double? Is it purely G-Sync or am I missing something? Acer XB271HK (~£750) and LG 27UD68P (~£390). Both are same res, same IPS, same 60Hz, etc. Also, when using a 3840x2160...