Windows 10: Confusion over wording on an MS Patch

Discus and support Confusion over wording on an MS Patch in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been reading up on the recent chkdsk issues and found this wording in the patch notes: This issue is resolved and should now be prevented... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gary_Williams_, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Confusion over wording on an MS Patch

I've been reading up on the recent chkdsk issues and found this wording in the patch notes:

This issue is resolved and should now be prevented automatically on non-managed devices. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for the resolution to propagate to non-managed devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4592438/windows-10-update-kb4592438

Can someone explain what this means? Is this something that MS has pushed out automatically? What is meant by a "non managed device"? One that isn't in intune? Or a domain?

I see that managed devices need a special group policy but rather than a setting it's an MSI?

I would appreciate someone explaining this is some more detail.

thanks.

:)

Gary_Williams_, Jan 9, 2021

2. MS WORD

I have proceeded with your suggestion of selecting the word document saved in a path and tried to select it for right clicking but miserably failed. It has not allowed me to select the word document first and windows explorer hanged circling for sometime
    and came out of explorer itself. This issue may be something different I feel. Other MS docs like excel, notepad etc are opening correctly when I double click as usual and this word document only giving problem.

Please suggest some other workable solution.

Thanks,

Balakrishnan.

BalakrishnanVenkatraman, Jan 9, 2021
  3. MS WORD

Hi Balakrishnan,

Thank you for updating me about the concern.

I greatly apologize if It was not explain in detail on the site I have provided.

Please accept my sincere apology Balakrishnan.

One of the most common cause why Microsoft office file that won't open on windows 10 is because of incorrect file associations.

The troubleshooting steps to know if this is the cause of the issue is to manually select the correct program or application to open the File, we can do this by:

1. Going to the " File Explorer" , then choose the file (Microsoft Word doc.) you want to open, then right-click the file.

2.Select Open With

3. Then, select Microsoft Word from the list of options.

If the cause of the MS word file not opening in file explorer is incorrect file associations it should open the file.

However if it would still not open the file we then look for other troubleshooting steps to determine the cause of this concern.

Please update me about the outcome so that I can further assist you Balakrishnan.

Best regards,

Anthony De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Robert11 Win User

Confusion over wording on an MS Patch

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Confusion over wording on an MS Patch

1. Confusion over wording on an MS Patch - Similar Threads - Confusion wording Patch

2. Ms Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms Word: When I open Ms Word then it automatically open in Chrome but I want to open it as an app so how can I do this....pls reply? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/49ff8dad-2dc2-4cf3-9cf0-3e8aa75b3e9d
  3. Ms Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ms Word: When I open Ms Word then it automatically open in Chrome but I want to open it as an app so how can I do this....pls reply? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/49ff8dad-2dc2-4cf3-9cf0-3e8aa75b3e9d
  4. MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  5. MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  6. MS Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. MS WORD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS WORD: Whenever I save a Word document choosing the path in my desktop system it is successfully done. But when I access this Word file later on in the path it is saved 'windows explorer' hangs and the saved Word file is not opening. When I go to the task manager it shows windows...
  8. Confused over SSD types

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused over SSD types: I have a Hynix H5512gd9NG-62A0A BB SSD inserted into my main laptop and I want to replace it with a new drive but am unsure of what configuration SSD I should get. The original one looks like the one in the pic - a Samsung EVO M2 is this a standard fitting for this type of...
  9. confusion over activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    confusion over activation: Hello, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. I made the ISO and did a fresh install about a week later. Microsoft activated the Fresh Install without issue. My Hard Drive crashed. I am installing a new hard drive and wish to do a fresh install. Will this activate, or...
  10. Confusion over Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confusion over Bitlocker: My Surface Pro 4 (Win10 X64 Vrs 1703) is confused about Bitlocker Disk Management indicates that the C: drive is "236.38 GB NTFS (BitLocker Encrypted)" But Control Panel>System and Security>Bitlocker Drive encryption says "Local Disk (C*Smile Bitlocker waiting for...