Windows 10: Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options

Discus and support Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello and thanks in advance for whatever insight you can provide, as I'm stumped hereI have a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10. I'm preparing it to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patrick Moan, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options

Hello and thanks in advance for whatever insight you can provide, as I'm stumped hereI have a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10. I'm preparing it to be sent to Dell for a keyboard repair and one step in the process is to remove the password so Dell technicians can get into the system. When I set up the computer 5 years ago, I enabled face recognition and a PIN. To my knowledge, I did not set up a password. For clarity, I've included a screenshot of my sign-in options below. Looking at these options, I would expect to be able to click on the "Windows Hello PIN" option and reset the PIN, yet

:)

Patrick Moan, Feb 28, 2024

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to sign into Windows

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error you get while trying to sign in?
    2. When you say ‘0000’, are you referring to a PIN?
    3. Is it a local or Microsoft account, you use with Windows sign in?
    4. Do you see any other sign in options like password, fingerprint or facial recognition?
    5. Do you see any options on screen to reset your password?

If you are using the Microsoft account with Windows sign in, choose password option under sign in options and type in the Microsoft account password and let us know if it works.

Please get back to us with the information requested, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Sasqui Win User

Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options

1. Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options - Similar Threads - Confusion Regarding Sign

2. Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options: Hello and thanks in advance for whatever insight you can provide, as I'm stumped hereI have a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10. I'm preparing it to be sent to Dell for a keyboard repair and one step in the process is to remove the password so Dell technicians can get into the...
  3. Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Confusion Regarding Sign-In Options: Hello and thanks in advance for whatever insight you can provide, as I'm stumped hereI have a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10. I'm preparing it to be sent to Dell for a keyboard repair and one step in the process is to remove the password so Dell technicians can get into the...
  4. Confusing issues regarding my two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing issues regarding my two monitors: Hello, this is going to be long. Basically, my computer disagrees with me about which of my two monitors is the main one and which is the secondary one.As is shown in image "1", I have to monitors. One on the right side, which is my main monitor, the one I want everything to...
  5. Confusing issues regarding my two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing issues regarding my two monitors: Hello, this is going to be long. Basically, my computer disagrees with me about which of my two monitors is the main one and which is the secondary one.As is shown in image "1", I have to monitors. One on the right side, which is my main monitor, the one I want everything to...
  6. Regarding signing pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding signing pin: when i changed my signing pin and logged out .now i am not able to login as admin again.tried using old and new pin both . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-signing-pin/4ac8623b-5b60-4d54-a4c9-63076b0f7135
  7. Confusion Regrading Power Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confusion Regrading Power Options: Hi my dell laptop has 4 options, update and restart, restart, update and shutdown, and shutdown currently and I just did an update and restart 2 days ago. In the past I lost two good laptops to these so called window updates and I would like to know why my computer has...
  8. Confused about a few things regarding BitLocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused about a few things regarding BitLocker: I have an external HDD that I want to encrypt but I have a few questions: BitLocker is an encryption feature built into computers running Windows 10 Pro*—if you’re running* Windows 10 Home you will not be able to use BitLocker. I have a Windows 10 Pro PC, but say after...
  9. Regarding admin setting option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding admin setting option: Not able to access the admin setting or cmd as admin getting pop " To continue enter admin name and password but not getting any option to enter " only getting NO and after clicking on i am exit.[ATTACH]...
  10. regard windows 10 sign in options at startup page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    regard windows 10 sign in options at startup page: hi, im using windows 10. ive setup 3 sign in options : pin + password + fingerprint sensor. whenever the startup page , it will auto shows this 3 sign in options. for security sake, i will prefer to only show 1 sign in option, esp the fingerprint sensor sign in. is...