Windows 10: Confusion with version numbers

Discus and support Confusion with version numbers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Updated Win 10 Pro to 21H1, but it still shows 2009. Also did the same with my laptop which has Win 10 Home. It shows the correct version, as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Aug 17, 2021.

1. ineuw Win User

Confusion with version numbers

Updated Win 10 Pro to 21H1, but it still shows 2009. Also did the same with my laptop which has Win 10 Home. It shows the correct version, as well as it is possible to copy and paste the system info using the conveniently placed copy buttons. With the Pro version, I must copy the info by hand or take a snapshot and trim away 90% of the image, not to clutter this post or the forum. How much film must I waste until MS standardize their software.

:)

ineuw, Aug 17, 2021
  2. mr_andrea Win User

Nokia 5230 contacts phone number confusion

Hello,

My 5230 behaves in a funny way too:

• Mobile numbers are not recognised in incoming calls coming from contacts with multiple details (address, more than one number, e-mail, etc...), but fixed numbers are often recognised.
    • Numbers in speed dials are not recognised - i.e. if I press on a speed-dial I only see the number I'm calling, not the contact name. The phone log only registers the number, not the contact.
    • However, if I call one of the numbers in my speed-dial using the contact list instead of the speed-dial, the name is recognised and logged correctly.
    Let me also specify that:

• All my numbers are saved correctly (i.e. the international prefix is there and there are no duplicates).
    • I'm only using the phone memory, the SIM card is not in use - and I wiped it anyway.
    • I even tried to save the number from an incoming call to a contact, to make sure it's really the same number: next call, the number is still not associated to the contact!
    • I performed a soft reset: no luck.

This is an extremely annoying issue... Any suggestions?

mr_andrea, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Rollo1002 Win User
    Is that possible to add two mobile number to one contact?

• Go to a contact you want to add a number to or on a new contact you just need to repeat step two.
    • Touch (+) Phone
    • Enter number in the screen
    • Select location
    • Click check mark at the bottom of the screen
    • Click the Disk Drive image at the bottom to save the change (this is an easy step to miss and probably where a lot of the confusion comes from)
    This should complete the process

BUG for the Answers Team - Editing the post made the numbers go away.

Rollo1002, Aug 17, 2021
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Confusion with version numbers - Similar Threads - Confusion version numbers

2. Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??: I recently took my PC upto Windows 11 pro by ISO install. I then update/upgrade all the patches etc... Just done the latest? So now shows WIN 21H2 OS build 22000.1098. Is this really the latest? There is a main upgrade coming up around now - is this it? Why is it showing 21H2...
  3. Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??: I recently took my PC upto Windows 11 pro by ISO install. I then update/upgrade all the patches etc... Just done the latest? So now shows WIN 21H2 OS build 22000.1098. Is this really the latest? There is a main upgrade coming up around now - is this it? Why is it showing 21H2...
  4. Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion: I have a Gigabyte Laptop with Intel HD Graphics. In addition to the built in display I have a TV attached via HDMI and a Dell U2913WM via VGA port. The Intel Graphics Properties Setting allows me to specify which is the primary display and this is set to Number 1. I have set...
  5. Disk Manager Drives number confusion!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Manager Drives number confusion!: This is for a brand new build. Specs; Component Make Model M.2 SSD Samsung (MZ-V6E500BW) 500GB 960 EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive Case Corsair Obsidian 750D AirFlow Full Tower ATX Processor AMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Gen2 8 Core AM4 Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX AMD...
  6. Disk Manager Drives number confusion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Manager Drives number confusion!: This is for a brand new build. Specs; Component Make Model M.2 SSD Samsung (MZ-V6E500BW) 500GB 960 EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive Case Corsair Obsidian 750D AirFlow Full Tower ATX Processor AMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Gen2 8 Core AM4 Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX AMD...
  7. Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...: With all the problems and controversy surrounding Build 1809 recently, and with so many different updates being released rather willy-nilly, and finally, with me recovering from a recent stroke and not having an overabundance of high-grade gray matter available to "suss it...
  8. Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...

in Windows 10 News
    Confused as to which version of Win10 to install...: With all the problems and controversy surrounding Build 1809 recently, and with so many different updates being released rather willy-nilly, and finally, with me recovering from a recent stroke and not having an overabundance of high-grade gray matter available to "suss it...
  9. Windows 10 version confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 version confusion: Hi folks, I am confused about what version of Windows 10 do I have...can you help? I wiped my 6 years old Lenovo desktop pc. Then , I installed something like "technical alfa" Windows 10 version. That was in early 2015. I dont remember if I downloaded image...
  10. Latest Realtek Driver versions confusing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Realtek Driver versions confusing: My present Realtek audio driver is 6.0.1 8251....when go to Latest Realtek Driver link it shows 6.0.1 8254 version ...but when i go microsoft update download link....the various download options show 6.0.1 8248 ...very confusing. Device manager shows i have the latest...