Windows 10: Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules...

Discus and support Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I'm watching the Senate channel [C-Span2] and they're holding a vote to repeal the privacy rules passed in 2016: Congress is set to vote Thursday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Anak, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Anak Win User

Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules...

I'm watching the Senate channel [C-Span2] and they're holding a vote to repeal the privacy rules passed in 2016:
    Right now it's: 40 Aye - 39 Nay , with a simple majority to over turn. Nay is good for us, the user.

I'll edit post when finished.

Senate voted to remove the limits 50 aye 48 nay....*Sad

Update, resolution goes to House:

2. sygnus21 Win User

I'm shocked *sarc

It's not about the people anymore. They don't care about us.

:)

sygnus21, Mar 23, 2017
  3. poll taking on my home page

there is a tile on the center of my home page that is always asks me to vote on an answer about sports, congress, potus, emmys, ext. ext. how do I turn off this opinion poll.

andyzak1954, Mar 23, 2017
  4. Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules...

VPN use sets off Repeated Microsoft account security alert

Thank you Lov, this is very helpful. It confirms what I thought was happening. However, it does not solve my problem. With the continued infringement upon Internet privacy more and more people are turning to VPN's, especially in light of the recent Internet
    protections repeal by Congress. How are people going to be able to protect themselves going forward? (Retorical question.) It appears that I must make a choice between my VPN or Microsoft Alerts.

Thank you for your information.

FredBerman, Mar 23, 2017
  5. YES this sucks ! I figured that the Senate was so busy trying to get all of Trumps Cabinet appointee's approved, that they didn't have time to do anything else. My BAD ! I would really like to know which compainies sent each member a check last month to get this done ?

storageman, Mar 24, 2017
  6. PaulGo Win User
    U.S. Senate Votes To Repeal Obama-Era Internet Privacy Rules : The Two-Way : NPR

PaulGo, Mar 24, 2017
  7. Phone Man Win User
    Good or bad Congress is suppose to set the rules as they have passed Telecommunications acts a few times setting the rules.
    They do not want the President (Obama) or the FCC setting rules they were not authorized to do.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 24, 2017
  8. Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules...

Obama is no longer the President..*Smile

Josey Wales, Mar 24, 2017
  9. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by this.

In so called democracies, the first thing any victorious side does is spend the first half of its term, destroying what the other side did during the last half of their term.

Politicians need to repay their Corporate paymasters for the election funds they received.

I'm surprised that they haven't tried to pass a ban on ad blockers.

lehnerus2000, Mar 24, 2017
  10. The US is not really a Democracy, it is a Constitutional Republic or a Democratic Republic.

11. meebers Win User
    Or disable the fast forward feature on your DVD so that you can enjoy all the marketing dribble!

meebers, Mar 24, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah, it's that piece of rump now. Can it spell internet? *Smile

sygnus21, Mar 24, 2017
  13. Cliff S New Member

Like this I guess:
    Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules... [​IMG]

Of course he spells it like this #I#n#t#e#r#n#e#t

Cliff S, Mar 24, 2017
  14. Sorry but I have respect for the President of my Country, no matter who it is. I also have respect for the office of The President. For this reason I will not discuss
    politics in a Technical forum.

15. I'm aware of that (Australia is similar).

Try getting politicians to admit it in front of the media.

lehnerus2000, Mar 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules... - Similar Threads - Congress voted overturn

2. Privacy Violation and Microsoft not Obeying Their Own Rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Violation and Microsoft not Obeying Their Own Rules: Since I first got my windows 10 machine over a year ago I have noticed that Microsoft collects all the diagnostics data on my machine even though I have set the setting to required only. If I go to the App and Service activity on my Microsoft account privacy page I can see...
  3. Windows cryptocurrency and voting systems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cryptocurrency and voting systems: Can you make cryptocurrency for Microsoft all Microsoft Windows devices Can you blockchain Windows Can you MS coin voting systems mobile app blockchain open source with open source the data of voting transparent blockchain as well MS coin can be campaign donation transparent...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing and firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing and firewall rules: Hello, I've recently started using internet connection sharing between two network adapters on my desktop. However I noticed the adapter which the internet is being shared to is not respecting the firewall rules I have in place.. its bypassing all the set firewall rules. Is...
  5. Windows Firewall: Minimum Firewall Rules for Internet?

Windows Firewall: Minimum Firewall Rules for Internet?: Does anyone who is familiar with Windows Firewall with Advanced Security know the minimum set of allowed Firewall Rules required for being able to browse the internet and stream videos, download files etc? Could you specify which Firewall Rules must be included and set to...
  6. Internet privacy error

Internet privacy error: Hello, microsoft, Every time i attempt to enter any website, the privacy error pops up Help 18jamie.jones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-privacy-error/ae0e1020-d960-4019-8403-caa74b4b8462
  7. Microsoft at Mobile World Congress 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft at Mobile World Congress 2019: Microsoft began sending out invitations for its press event at Mobile World Congress today, which will be held on Sunday, February 24 at 5pm CET. Speakers at the keynote will include CEO Satya Nadella, CVP Julia White, and Alex Kipman. Many of us Microsoft watchers believe...
  8. VOTE for a new MSOS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    VOTE for a new MSOS: Hello all, Whomever has been in Windows since the early days knows that new versions are just bloated updates. Microsoft should develop a new Operating System from the ground up with no backward compatibility and start a whole new "life". Updates and support for the...
  9. FCC imposes new consumer privacy rules on ISPs

in Windows 10 News
    FCC imposes new consumer privacy rules on ISPs: The US regulatory agency will require broadband providers to get the approval of customers before sharing their sensitive information. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Thursday approved new rules governing how internet service providers handle their...
  10. Microsoft Bringing Internet of Things to life @ World Congress IT 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bringing Internet of Things to life @ World Congress IT 2017: The decreasing cost of IoT sensors. The increase in mobile devices. The scale of cloud-based platforms. Advances in traditional analytics as well as machine learning and artificial intelligence. These are the trends that will enable almost every industry to adopt and...