Windows 10: conhost.exe hangs

Discus and support conhost.exe hangs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Enterprise version 1709. I have a problem in that when I compile code using "armcc.exe", it is called for every file that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaryTodd3, Mar 8, 2019.

1. GaryTodd3 Win User

conhost.exe hangs

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise version 1709.

I have a problem in that when I compile code using "armcc.exe", it is called for every file that is compiled and each time it invokes conhost.exe. There are 100+ files and often at various stages conhost.exe will hang meaning I have to kill "armcc.exe" and try again. This happens most of the time but then after a few hours, all is suddenly ok and continues to be so for a few hours and then reoccurs again. Note that it is not an armcc.exe problem because I have had cases of other invokers of conhost.exe hanging too. ProcessExplorer (SysInternals) always show conhos.exe as hanging.

Note that I can't update to latest version as Microsoft prevents it due to a conflict with Trend Micro Office Scan which has not yet been resolved.

:)

GaryTodd3, Mar 8, 2019
  2. zephyrus Win User

some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 8, 2019
  4. conhost.exe hangs

Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

conhost.exe hangs

1. conhost.exe hangs - Similar Threads - conhost exe hangs

2. Conhost using more then 60% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conhost using more then 60% CPU: Hello, lately my laptop has been very loud, also it was hot after 2 minutes since I started it, I checked the task manager and figured out that my conhost.exe is using +60% CPU without anything running. I ran multiple scans but could not figure it out, tried everything that...
  3. Conhost using more then 60% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conhost using more then 60% CPU: Hello, lately my laptop has been very loud, also it was hot after 2 minutes since I started it, I checked the task manager and figured out that my conhost.exe is using +60% CPU without anything running. I ran multiple scans but could not figure it out, tried everything that...
  4. Removed conhost,how to get it back

Removed conhost,how to get it back: I removed conhost due to 2 conhost's being open at the same time thinking that it was a criptominer due to its priority being set to below normal and have heard that is a sign its a criptominer,what do i do to get it back?...
  5. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.: conhost.exe as shown in the screenshot is using high amounts of memory. When I first booted up my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 it was at 2000 MEGABYTES! 2 WHOLE gigabytes of ram...Things I have tried:Step 1: Run the SFC.Click on the Start button, Type CMD.Right click on CMD...
  6. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.: conhost.exe as shown in the screenshot is using high amounts of memory. When I first booted up my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 it was at 2000 MEGABYTES! 2 WHOLE gigabytes of ram...Things I have tried:Step 1: Run the SFC.Click on the Start button, Type CMD.Right click on CMD...
  7. Conhost programm isnt starting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conhost programm isnt starting?: Hello guys, if i try to start a specific .exe the cmd pops up for 0.5 sec, closes immediately and thats it.. its not starting or something.. i tried to reset my Bios, i tried turn off my AV.. i tried Admin permission.. i actually tried everything and dont know how to fix...
  8. Conhost programm isnt starting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conhost programm isnt starting?: Hello guys, if i try to start a specific .exe the cmd pops up for 0.5 sec, closes immediately and thats it.. its not starting or something.. i tried to reset my Bios, i tried turn off my AV.. i tried Admin permission.. i actually tried everything and dont know how to fix...
  9. Conhost programm isnt starting?

10. some .exe files hang

in Windows 10 Support
    some .exe files hang: In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must...