Windows 10: Conhost using more then 60% CPU

Discus and support Conhost using more then 60% CPU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, lately my laptop has been very loud, also it was hot after 2 minutes since I started it, I checked the task manager and figured out that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klnnn, Feb 27, 2024.

1. klnnn Win User

Conhost using more then 60% CPU

Hello, lately my laptop has been very loud, also it was hot after 2 minutes since I started it, I checked the task manager and figured out that my conhost.exe is using +60% CPU without anything running. I ran multiple scans but could not figure it out, tried everything that was online, used all the cmd commands. Can anyone help?

:)

klnnn, Feb 27, 2024

2. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

Hello, I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

1) Try these fixes for high CPU usage by conhost.exe:

Conhost.exe: How to Fix Console Window Host High CPU Usage

https://wethegeek.com/what-is-conhost-exe-and-w...

What is Conhost.exe? Is it a virus? Does it consume High CPU?

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially DO NOT INSTALL Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

2) Go over Windows 11 with this Performance Checklist to try to find and fix problems:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back, I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Removed conhost,how to get it back

I removed conhost due to 2 conhost's being open at the same time thinking that it was a criptominer due to its priority being set to below normal and have heard that is a sign its a criptominer,what do i do to get it back?

Spookybed Spookybed, Feb 27, 2024
  4. JaYp146 Win User

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. Conhost using more then 60% CPU - Similar Threads - Conhost using more

2. Conhost using more then 60% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conhost using more then 60% CPU: Hello, lately my laptop has been very loud, also it was hot after 2 minutes since I started it, I checked the task manager and figured out that my conhost.exe is using +60% CPU without anything running. I ran multiple scans but could not figure it out, tried everything that...
  3. Make a game use more of my cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make a game use more of my cpu: I've been playing a game and it's been going very smoothly, until last week that is, If I remember correctly it used around 40%+ of my CPU but now it mostly uses less than 13% and even goes below 10% CPU usage. I want to force it to use more of my CPU so it can run faster,...
  4. Make a game use more of my cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Make a game use more of my cpu: I've been playing a game and it's been going very smoothly, until last week that is, If I remember correctly it used around 40%+ of my CPU but now it mostly uses less than 13% and even goes below 10% CPU usage. I want to force it to use more of my CPU so it can run faster,...
  5. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.: conhost.exe as shown in the screenshot is using high amounts of memory. When I first booted up my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 it was at 2000 MEGABYTES! 2 WHOLE gigabytes of ram...Things I have tried:Step 1: Run the SFC.Click on the Start button, Type CMD.Right click on CMD...
  6. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.: conhost.exe as shown in the screenshot is using high amounts of memory. When I first booted up my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 it was at 2000 MEGABYTES! 2 WHOLE gigabytes of ram...Things I have tried:Step 1: Run the SFC.Click on the Start button, Type CMD.Right click on CMD...
  7. 30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use: using a dell xps 13 -2018 model with i5 and 8gb rab. whenever im using zoom, or jus browsing web, there is a general lag in the computer and its not due to a weak internet connection, the lag is with the graphics. in task manager, the cpu is regularly around 30% and the...
  8. WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU

WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU: WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU. I can resolve by re-starting 'Windows management inst', but that's a real hassle. From the Event viewer I get the following - any help for a novice to fix would be appreciated: Log Name:...
  9. 60 Fps or more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 Fps or more: Hi so i play a game called krunker on my surface Pro 3 and i Get 60 fps for like to games and after like to games i get 20 fps and its really Annoying and Intel says they cant update my driver its a Intel® Core™ i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz so someone please help me...
  10. Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU

Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU: I recently did a factory reset of my computer. Since then, Task Manager has been using a lot of my CPU. No matter what programs I close, usage is always at 100%....