Windows 10: Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen

Discus and support Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to connect 2 pcs - both running W10 at most recent release level - in order to use one as a secondary screen. According to instructions I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeleneGuilfoy, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen

I am trying to connect 2 pcs - both running W10 at most recent release level - in order to use one as a secondary screen.

According to instructions I am using Settings/Connect/Projecting to this PC. When I select Project I see the pc that I want to use as the secondary screen but when I select it I do not receive the message to connect it.

I have tried all combinations on the Projecting to this PC on both pcs - no change. The secondary pc never receives the connect question. Both pcs are on the same wifi network.

The 2 pcs are a Microsoft Surface Pro and a Microsoft Go. I am also going to post this question on the Surface Thread but according to everything I have found this should not make any difference.

Any ideas?

:)

HeleneGuilfoy, Jun 8, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 8, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen

1. Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen - Similar Threads - Connect pcs secondary

2. Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.: This is my Scenario - I have Two Machines - Office PC has PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB, with WIN 10 Pro 64 bit, Programs & Data Only One M.2 Slot to be Cloned to the Second PC, which has a New Empty PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB, also has only one M.2 Slot GA-Z97X - UD5H MB. HOW would you...
  3. Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.: This is my Scenario - I have Two Machines - Office PC has PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB, with WIN 10 Pro 64 bit, Programs & Data Only One M.2 Slot to be Cloned to the Second PC, which has a New Empty PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB, also has only one M.2 Slot GA-Z97X - UD5H MB. HOW would you...
  4. Connecting Two PCs to Clone a M.2 where both PCs only have One M.2 Slot, each.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors: This relates to 2 x W10 64 bit machines. Just starting new job and they have a provided 2 x wide screen monitors, a Thinkpad laptop and Thinkpad dock. I have an existing PC ... which until now I connected to an Avocent switchview DVI (KVM) Now I want to connect the lap top...
  6. HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens: OK, I have at my office table 2 PC's and I have 2 - 32" 1440p monitors. I currently have it setup that each PC has it's own screen. But I would like it if there was an HDMI splitter/switch that would allow me to switch so that either PC could have dual monitor setup. Not at...
  7. HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens: OK, I have at my office table 2 PC's and I have 2 - 32" 1440p monitors. I currently have it setup that each PC has it's own screen. But I would like it if there was an HDMI splitter/switch that would allow me to switch to that either PC could have dual monitor setup. Not at...
  8. Connect 2 PCs wirelessly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect 2 PCs wirelessly: I am trying to get two PCs (both running Win 10) to talk to each other wirelessly. Both show they are paired one with the other but they will not connect. How do I get them to connect so I can use Wninows Explorer to see their respective files?...
  9. Connecting 2 PCs on a Wi-Fi Network

Connecting 2 PCs on a Wi-Fi Network: How can I transfer files from one PC to another using Wi-Fi network? Both PCs are on the same network, yet they do not recognize each other. I am using D-Link wireless router DIR-885L. What shall I do so that I see and use the files from one PC on another PC through the File...
  10. 2 PCs. 2 connections. Can't figure it out.

2 PCs. 2 connections. Can't figure it out.: Odd one this. I have my main PC... and a PC under the TV acting as a HTPC. The 2 are directly connected by a network cable. In addition both have a Wifi dongle and both get internet via WiFi I wish to transfer files from the PC to the HTPC via the wire as it is much...