Windows 10: connect 2 win 10 deices using the same wifi network

Discus and support connect 2 win 10 deices using the same wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've read all the different posts on this and followed all the directions. I want to share files between my HP desktop using Win 10 Pro and my Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Barney Rubble, Feb 3, 2021.

1. connect 2 win 10 deices using the same wifi network

I've read all the different posts on this and followed all the directions. I want to share files between my HP desktop using Win 10 Pro and my Acer laptop using Win 10 home. My problem seems to be 2-fold...or they may be different issues.

My PC does not show up in devices on my laptop. When I try to add the device it shows up but it when I select the PC it displays "does this passcode on HP ENVY match this one". If I select no it stops, if I select yes it tells me it is the wrong passcode. Where is this passcode coming from and how can I change it?

The other option I have tried is on my laptop under Network. The HP Envy shows up. When I select that it asks for my credentials. I never use a password to login using a code instead. To make matters worse the credentials manager stopped saving my passwords and of course I dont remember it.

Suggestions? As an FIY I use ORBI as my router in case that makes a difference.

:)

Barney Rubble, Feb 3, 2021
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 3, 2021
  4. m3110w Win User

connect 2 win 10 deices using the same wifi network

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

connect 2 win 10 deices using the same wifi network

1. connect 2 win 10 deices using the same wifi network - Similar Threads - connect deices using

2. Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface: My PC has two wireless interface cards, one installed into the motherboard antenna poking out of the unit, the other one plugged in with a USB cable. Now in my connections tab I have WiFi and WiFi2 where I can separately select a network to connect. Since both interfaces are...
  3. Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface: My PC has two wireless interface cards, one installed into the motherboard antenna poking out of the unit, the other one plugged in with a USB cable. Now in my connections tab I have WiFi and WiFi2 where I can separately select a network to connect. Since both interfaces are...
  4. Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connect to a hidden network on Win 10 through wifi?

Connect to a hidden network on Win 10 through wifi?: So the way windows 10 works is: The only way to connect to a network is through the network list. The way hidden networks work is: It is hidden so it does not show up in any network lists. Starting to see the problem here? I contacted windows customer support about...
  6. Win 10 - unable to connect to this network (wifi)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 - unable to connect to this network (wifi): submitted by /u/Azza0pz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdwtew/win_10_unable_to_connect_to_this_network_wifi/
  7. Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi

Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi: I have had 'some' help from Microsoft remote logon and 'some' success but it was short lived, so to be realistic networking at home has not worked on Win 10 for me. Laptop 1 - Win 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909, build 18363.592 with AVG Internet Security Laptop 2 - Win 10...
  8. Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?: I'm currently using my cellular data hotspot via my phone and a filtered wifi connection that I'm bypassing with a VPN. The only issue, is that using a VPN on an already slow wifi connection, just completely spikes up my ping in the range of the 200s, making simple tasks like...
  9. usb connected deices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb connected deices: How to see usb connected devices to laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-connected-deices/9e29c28d-12f7-4ee7-9440-b900359e8243
  10. Minecraft connecting PE to Win 10 version on same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft connecting PE to Win 10 version on same network: So until recently, my daughter and I would enjoy playing Minecraft together. She has PE on an android tablet, running the latest build (I checked) while I run the Win 10 version. On both versions we're logged in under my X-Box account, though it's never caused an issue...