Windows 10: connect 3rd monitor

Discus and support connect 3rd monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP pavillion will not detect a 3rd monitor I connected to the USB-C port. Is there a way to detect / connect the 3rd monitor ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Silly Beast, Sep 12, 2020.

1. connect 3rd monitor

My HP pavillion will not detect a 3rd monitor I connected to the USB-C port. Is there a way to detect / connect the 3rd monitor ?

:)

Silly Beast, Sep 12, 2020

2. 3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Issue connecting 3rd monitor

Hi Rob, My name is Jeremy, a Windows Independent Adviser. I'll be happy to help you out today. Let’s see what I can do.

In order for us to provide a possible solution to this, may we request for more information about the problem?

> Just to clarify, your 3rd monitor doesn't work when you connect it?

> What ports are you connected with the 2nd and 3rd monitor?

> Have you checked if all ports are working properly? by removing each on if the 3rd monitor doesn't work?

> What is the exact model of your laptop?

In the meantime, please do try the following steps here, and let me know if this will help

https://windowsreport.com/third-monitor-not-det...

Kind regards,

Jeremy

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

JeremyCountings, Sep 12, 2020
  4. connect 3rd monitor

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

connect 3rd monitor

1. connect 3rd monitor - Similar Threads - connect 3rd monitor

2. 3rd Monitor detect but not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor detect but not connecting: Hi, I use windows 11 & trying to get my 4th monitor following to last 2 monitors, however the problem is, It shows as 4th monitor 2 monitors + 1 laptop but I get the only choice to use it as duplicate monitor. I check with my Dell laptop which confirms that this is not...
  3. 3rd Monitor detect but not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Monitor detect but not connecting: Hi, I use windows 11 & trying to get my 4th monitor following to last 2 monitors, however the problem is, It shows as 4th monitor 2 monitors + 1 laptop but I get the only choice to use it as duplicate monitor. I check with my Dell laptop which confirms that this is not...
  4. 3 monitors connected, but 2 are active, the 3rd monitor is forced inactive

3 monitors connected, but 2 are active, the 3rd monitor is forced inactive: When I try to use 3 monitors, 2 are active and the third monitor is forced inactive, I've already tried updating the graphics driver, reducing the active display's resolution, using Win+P to set it to extend, and none of these worked.One thing I will NOT do is update the...
  5. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Recognizing 3rd monitor: I have a docking station for Lenovo Think Pad. Recognizes a second monitor, but not the third. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-recognizing-3rd-monitor/64637abf-6441-44b0-aeb2-040bee4d8fbd
  6. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Recognizing 3rd monitor: I have a docking station for Lenovo Think Pad. Recognizes a second monitor, but not the third. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-recognizing-3rd-monitor/64637abf-6441-44b0-aeb2-040bee4d8fbd
  7. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

8. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  9. 3rd Monitor not detected

3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  10. 3rd monitor not detecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd monitor not detecting: Hi, Just after some help, Windows 10 updated to version 1909, and now the 3rd monitor will not detect, i have AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics card, The catalyst control centre and eyfinity is only detecting 2 screens as well, I have tried restarting my PC, Uplugging and...