Windows 10: Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Discus and support Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ffrree, Apr 28, 2020.

1. ffrree Win User

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports.

With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router mentioned above ? Or I must buy a new switch router with a WAN port to connect to the NBN standalone modem.

Any advise will be appreciated.

cheers

:)

ffrree, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Seany1212 Win User
    Recommend an ADSL Modem?

Hi all,

I'm looking for an ADSL modem recommendation for a small business needs.

Currently we have a DGN3500 ADSL modem/router that is doing the work for approximately 5-10 wireless devices and it's struggling (I gather this hardware isn't really designed for this sort of use) and i'm looking just to scale it up a little bit in what a system can handle.

So i've decided to go for the Asus RT-N66U that i've seen a few times as a suggestion on here for a wireless router but i'd like peoples recommendations for a dedicated ADSL2+ modem that can be used pretty reliably.

I don't want to go the whole hog and get wireless gateways and access points due to budgets but i'd like something that is available to the UK and doesn't cost much more than £75.

Seany1212

Seany1212, Apr 28, 2020
  4. bodosko Win User

Wireless modem router plus printer port ?

Hello guys.

Does it exist? A Wireless ADSL modem router with printer port all-in-one ?
    If not, what is the best option to buy?
    All 3 separated? Or Wireless router with printer server and a modem?

I would like an adsl modem suggestion that its very solid and doesnt freeze. Because I have a Dlink-500B and this thing freezes a lot.

And if you know any website that is specialized in modems please let me know.

Thank you.

bodosko, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router - Similar Threads - Connect NBN modem

2. Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo: i need immediate assistance trying to get my my ethernet cable to work on my computer it doesnt connect at all and i have XTREME mediacom high speed internet. i tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers and it isnt working. any forward knowledge on troubleshooting...
  3. My PC can't connect to adsl modem via LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC can't connect to adsl modem via LAN: Hello, I have a problem in my pc which I didn't have this problem 1 year ago. This problem is like very annoying I've done all of the ways to fix it but it didn't work cmd commands, updating drives All of the adsl modem lights turns on when I turn the modem on BUT when...
  4. Use modem/router combo as router only

Use modem/router combo as router only: I purchased an Arris SURFboard SBG6700-AC (modem/wifi combo) several years ago. I moved to another city with a different ISP. The cable guy could not get this to communicate with his cable system. There is an 80-year-old woman (neighbor) who has internet but no wifi. I bought...
  5. Connecting an external hard drive to a modem-router

Connecting an external hard drive to a modem-router: I have a Western Digital My Book Essential external hard drive connected to my desktop computer by USB. I wanted to connect it instead to my Sky modem-router. Because the router does not have a USB port, I purchased a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and used this to make the connection....
  6. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  7. Nightly reset for modem and router.

Nightly reset for modem and router.: Is it ok to do nightly resets on my router and modem? Im making "network closet" which will hold my Nighthawk x6 and surfboard modem. I never thought about resetting them on a nightly basic tell now. this way i can flush them fresh every morning. or is this pointless? 89858
  8. Can I attach two same or different ADSL modem to Broadband Connection

Can I attach two same or different ADSL modem to Broadband Connection: I have got two broadband points at my different floors ( my wifi does not reach at other floor so I have made this arrangement ) from my ISP from their Main point. I disconnect my ADSL modem from one point and attach it to other point when I need to work there and then...
  9. Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem/Router

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem/Router: Am considering changing ISP from DSL to cable/broadband. Anyone have any experience with one of these or can offer a "better" alternative: https://www.netgear.com/home/product...x#tab-features Change may or may not happen. I still have some questions for the potential...
  10. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router: Good evening. This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text *Smile My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo. She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb...