Windows 10: "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows

Discus and support "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Recently (probably after I installed Xbox app) I have been getting this popup every time I open my computer. After pressing Cancel 4 times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dem_titties_too_big, Nov 14, 2019.

1. "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows

"Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows RbbeA30aRHhYrYA4ATdTzo4tyGcGYE-pQ49q5eS3oeU.jpg

Recently (probably after I installed Xbox app) I have been getting this popup every time I open my computer. After pressing Cancel 4 times, it goes away but it's annoying. When I connect my smart card reader it does detect it but it wants me to insert my card, which I really do not want to do. Why should I do that? I'm never going to insert my smart ID simply because windows itself is asking for it. I use my smart card to log in to certain websites and services, which actually are important to me.

I know I can disable it but I really do need to use my smart card from time to time, so that's not an option.

How could I disable the pop up at the startup but keep the ability to use my smart card?

https://preview.redd.it/1tl36n3tgoy...bp&s=2f96d532dd80ff694e769ecced8f30078646d232

submitted by /u/dem_titties_too_big
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dem_titties_too_big, Nov 14, 2019
  2. LydiaGG Win User

Connect a smart card

Thank you Yasir; I read the content in the link provided; the problem I have now is not to ask for smart card when log on but to connect a smart card when update applications. Do you have a suggestion for that?

LydiaGG, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Efren Win User
    Connect a Smart Card

I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance.

Efren, Nov 14, 2019
  4. "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows

windows security patch states connect a smart card

As soon as I start DSC Management Utility of Indian Income Tax website [posted at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in], I get a patch showing

Windows Securtiy

Smart Card

Select a Smart Card device

Connect a smart card

AKS VR 0

Connect a smart card

AKS ifdh 0

Connect a smart card

AKS ifdh 1

OK Cancel

On cancelling the button about 25 times, the programme of DSC Management opens.

This happens only on one computer Windows 10. On other Windows 10 computer, this problem does not occur.

Kindly help

RakeshMilwani, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

"Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows

1. "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows - Similar Threads - Connect smart card

2. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  3. Smart Audio Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Audio Popup: Suddenly, the Smart Audio Popup has been appearing stating the coexant device cannot be found. I have no idea what this means as my camera and other audio work. How do I stop this popup as it has become very annoying. Thank you....
  4. Smart Audio Popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart Audio Popup: Suddenly, the Smart Audio Popup has been appearing stating the coexant device cannot be found. I have no idea what this means as my camera and other audio work. How do I stop this popup as it has become very annoying. Thank you....
  5. Smart Audio Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Connect a smart card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect a smart card: I am using the digital signature on the remote desktop user and it shows the error "Connect a smart card"how to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-a-smart-card/604042bc-0da2-4fbf-92a7-ee8e5150d5f7
  7. Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader: Recently we deployed some MS updates to our users KB4601056, KB4601315, KB4601395 and anyone using a smart card reader is now being prompted regularly to connect a smart card device. I have done a lot of searching and most of the fixes involve disabling the Smart Card reader...
  8. Connect Smart Card error but it is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Smart Card error but it is connected: I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to 1909. When using my smart card reader I get an error to connect a smart card. In Device Manager the reader shows up when connected. I have rolled back the drivers, reinstalled several times and updated to the newest...
  9. Windows Security Smart Card popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Smart Card popup: When starting my computer I get the popup attached below, it comes up and has to be dismissed a total of four times. This happens on two different Windows 10 devices I use. I use a smart card to access enterprise webmail on occasion and that works without issue. I do not use...
  10. Connect a Smart Card

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect a Smart Card: I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance. 30636

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 smartcard popup

2. connect smartcard akhs ifdh